Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Limp wristing acceptable or not

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    I've never had it happen on my G19. Has it been resolved on Glocks?
    It has never happened to you because you are holding the gun properly so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

This video makes me cringe everytime I see someone recommend a Glock for a lady: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHWAPtO7m90
    That being said, my wife carries a Springfield EMP. She loves it but at first we had to work through limp wristing issues. She changed her grip which not only made the gun run better but it improved her accuracy.

My experence is that it affects the smaller guns more due to the lower mass of the short slide and barrel acting as a counterweight.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    The main reason some people -- myself included -- get all in a tizzy over the issue is because Glock has traditionally blamed all problems with their guns on either (1) bad ammo or (2) limp wristing. Your front sight fell off? You must have limp wristed.
    Do you recall the pizza store owner that sued Glock over the gun malfunctioning? I guess the gun quit on him while he fending off a robbery. It was sometime in the early 90's and I think Glock blamed it on limp wristing back then.

Every gun has it's quirks that's why I smirk when I read the words "Glock Perfection". It's a mechanical device, it will fail. Maybe less than other devices but it will fail.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Thumbs up

Be sure to keep the muzzle level and downrange at all times, obviously, or else you might get the timing wrong and shoot yourself in the face ... in which case you're an idiot and I have no sympathy for you because you were warned and I know a good lawyer.

My wife's experience with pistols is very limited but she has shot (test drove) a variety of semi-automatics and revolvers. Her favorite is my G19 (Gen 2) and after shooting a few hundred rounds through it a few weeks ago she didn't experience any stoppages. Her experience with guns is very limited and yet I feel that she has a firm grasp of the basics in order to prevent LW from happening. I think LW has alot to do with improper technique and cheap ammo.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    We practice when we are wide awake, full of strength, concentration at a peak, alert. What about when you are awaken at o'dark thirty? Will an imperfect grip affect function then? How would you test this?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    i'd think in a high adrenaline situation you'd tend to clamp down hard on the grip.

practice malfunction drills, learn to shoot with both hands...

it's one of the more reliable weapons out there.

ToddG Guest
    Again, it's not about how hard you grip the gun in your hands so much as how much the frame moves. Think about a handgun hanging from a string. If you set it off, it will jam every single time because the frame and slide will recoil together and the mechanism will not cycle as it's intended.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Again, it's not about how hard you grip the gun in your hands so much as how much the frame moves. Think about a handgun hanging from a string. If you set it off, it will jam every single time because the frame and slide will recoil together and the mechanism will not cycle as it's intended.
    I agree. I was at a class last year and the instructor was trying to make a point about trigger control. He had us remove our lower three fingers from the grip and shoot to simulate a relaxed grip. I thought for sure we would see some limp wristing issues but nobody did. There were Sigs, Glocks, 1911's, and my wife had her EMP.

Feedback Score
    Its only acceptable insofar as admitting its a mistake you made IMO
    Second Amendment Absolutist!

"Speed costs money, How fast do you want to go?"
    -seen on a speed shop in Michigan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12