Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sig P228R vs Glock 19

Feedback Score
    love my P228R as well.

i'm a fan of the carbon steel slides, so i jumped at the chance to get a new production SIG, made in the old style w/ all-German manufacture.
    TUEBOR

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabellum9x19mm View Post
    love my P228R as well.

i'm a fan of the carbon steel slides, so i jumped at the chance to get a new production SIG, made in the old style w/ all-German manufacture.
    The slides are made in Germany, but the gun is put together in NH. They use a mix of US and German parts for the frame.

Feedback Score
    i know they're assembled in the US, but the frame and slide are made in germany

still prefer the Herndon VA guns, but of the new Exeter NH SIGs my favorite is the P228R
    Last edited by Parabellum9x19mm; 08-08-09 at 21:52.
    TUEBOR

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My pic would be the G19 for simplicity sake. I rarely shoot my beretta or sig anymore since getting the glock, trigger being the main reason.

Feedback Score
    I love the Glocks because you can detail strip them (if necessary) with a ball point pen. They are very simple. The trigger takes time to learn, but once you do, it's hard to forget (like riding a bike). They can be plenty accurate.

I am, by anyone's metric, inexperienced in the real-world application of shooting skills. But, I've taken the time to shoot a fair amount at the range. I also took part in an IDPA match last year (my first time, and hopefully not the last). There were 73 shooters, and I had a Glock 26 that day. Lots of guys had tricked out 1911's, as well as SIGs and other guns that were way more expensive than what I was shooting. Well, my overall score sucked balls, but that was because I was so slow. When rated for accuracy, I was third (of 73). That's not too bad I think, and even though I did terribly overall I think it shows that Glocks can hold their own accuracy-wise. They're definitely not more accurate than a good 1911, but they're good enough for most folks I believe.
    Last edited by Peshawar; 08-10-09 at 03:56.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by irishluck73 View Post
    Limp wristing is a bullshit internet rumor from a bunch of D-bags who don't know how to properly hold a pistol during recoil, it's not an issue.

Might not be a major issue, but I recall Vickers acknowledging it in the past. Couldn't it become a factor in the event of wounds, or weak hand firing under stress?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123