Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Hollywood" Traitors !!!

Feedback Score

"Hollywood" Traitors !!!

So who's a big action/sci fi/gung ho shoot em up movie buff? I am, as is most of America I'm sure. Growing up I loved the classic 80's shoot em up movies. Pointless and super entertaining. Well, specifically let's focus on "Lethal Weapon" here. One of the classics. Two cops who solve every single case with excessive force and violence! Love it. Hadn't seen it in years until tonight. But as the sequals went on they became more anti gun political. Now LW4 is currently on. What do I notice????? An anti NRA poster in the police dept. The poster says a child is killed everyday by a handgun in the U.S. and a spot for support for the AWB. And now that I'm recalling what about the infamous cop killer bullets in part 3? The all assult weapons are killers bit. I mean come on wtf Hollywood? Most of the movies out there are based on violence, however tactically challenged they are. But that really bugs me. How hypocritical can it be? I'm curious as to what other movies out there you all consider antigun. Especially those that are violent to begin with.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Unfortunately there are too many examples of LE higher ups being uneducated when it comes to guns. Many threads here have illustrated this. Recent 5.7 lion killer.
    Last edited by 6933; 08-02-09 at 18:11. Reason: grammar

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    There was a big stink about this when that movie first came out. Gibson and Glover are quite Anti-gun like most of the left-wing demo actors in Hollywad. Did you notice the NRA logo circled with the line through it at the bottom of the posters?
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    The director, Richard Donner, is ardently anti-gun. He insisted on putting all the anti-gun/NRA posters available in those movies. I believe he did the something similar in Assassins.

Feedback Score
    Yes I noticed the logo defiled. It just amazes me the stupidity of it all. No wonder most action movies are tactically handicap. But I'm looking for other anti gun shoot em up contradictions out there

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm sure that Mel Gibson was personally responsible for the set design and outfitting of all the props. They're actors; they show up on set, they say their lines, they go home, they get paid. It is when they are off the set that they usually say and do the real stupid stuff.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Richard Donner
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gogetal3 View Post
    No wonder most action movies are tactically handicap. But I'm looking for other anti gun shoot em up contradictions out there
    well the movie "shoot-em up" with clive owen (sp?) is.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by buzz_knox View Post
    The director, Richard Donner, is ardently anti-gun. He insisted on putting all the anti-gun/NRA posters available in those movies. I believe he did the something similar in Assassins.
    Pretty funny how that ****tard is anti-gun, yet made/makes some of the most violent movies out there, and has no problem with guns as long as they are in his movies. I guess you couldn't have Mel Gibson running aroung with a baseball bat.

BTW, in Assassins, the anti NRA logo was on the side of a city bus.
    Last edited by R/Tdrvr; 08-03-09 at 08:50.
    Failure to train is training to fail.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    well the movie "shoot-em up" with clive owen (sp?) is.
    I'm not really sure how to take the anti-gun stuff in that movie. It was basically a comedy for gun nuts or at least that is how I took it. It was so over the top and the shoot out during the sex scene that all those movies have in them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast