Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Military Channel program - top 10 CQB weapons

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)

Military Channel program - top 10 CQB weapons

Has anyone seen this? Pretty good; although I disagreed about the p90's position.
    My reason for mentioning it is during the segment on the LWRC PDW, there is a quick shot of a hand brake attached to the PDW. I emailed LWRC about it, but havent heard anything. It was much longer and curved inward more than the KAC's version. It looked like a good design; if anyone has any info on it LMK.
    muchas gracias
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sadmin View Post
    Has anyone seen this? Pretty good; although I disagreed about the p90's position.
    My reason for mentioning it is during the segment on the LWRC PDW, there is a quick shot of a hand brake attached to the PDW. I emailed LWRC about it, but havent heard anything. It was much longer and curved inward more than the KAC's version. It looked like a good design; if anyone has any info on it LMK.
    muchas gracias
    http://forum.lwrci.com/forum/viewtop...light=handstop

http://www.ergogrips.net/item-detail...TOKEN=46896777

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sadmin View Post
    muchas gracias
    i don't like this whole series. the entire idea of rating the weapons is dumb. "stopping power" is one of the rating factors. they should just forget about rating them and explain the design and the strengths and weaknesses. it would be a much better show.

so you didn't agree with the P90's position but you were ok with the Magpul prototype being in the number two or three slot? Magpul themselves said that they're not going to be producing the weapon.
    Last edited by Parabellum9x19mm; 08-06-09 at 22:46.
    TUEBOR

Feedback Score
    Wish I got the military channel.

Anyways, the "list" shows are entertainment, not the gospel.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabellum9x19mm View Post
    i don't like this whole series. the entire idea of rating the weapons is dumb. "stopping power" is one of the rating factors. they should just forget about rating them and explain the design and the strengths and weaknesses. it would be a much better show.

so you didn't agree with the P90's position but you were ok with the Magpul prototype being in the number two or three slot? Magpul themselves said that they're not going to be producing the weapon.
    heh.. no, no. i completely agree with you. I dont adhere to any of the ratings; i just didnt want to go into it since my primary goal was to ask about the handstop.
    c'mon, you know the magpul prototype would be a much better cqb decision than the ferfrans

thanks for the link to the ergo grip, its longer than i thought.
    Last edited by sadmin; 08-07-09 at 07:57.
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabellum9x19mm View Post

Don't forget that the KRISS was the #1 rated cqb weapon due to it's .45 caliber stopping power !! Correct me if I am wrong but won't most body armor stop a .45 slug ? I hate how they rate weapons on this show. The corner shot was like #3 or #4 because you can shoot a 9mm glock around a corner ??? I think I wil pass on that one for a cqb weapon.

s.m.
    "I'd rather have a Bloody Mary made from the bandage drippings of a dozen Ebola victims than watch BattleField Earth again."

SeriousStudent

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The show's rankings were amusing. I mainly watched it just to see what was being said.

Feedback Score
    probably better then watching someone make a goofy cake

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by txdukklr View Post
    probably better then watching someone make a goofy cake

Please explain this to my wife. I apparently, can not succeed in doing so.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Screwy Ratings

Frankly I agree with all that's been said. I liked the episode because it talked so much about the different weapons systems but rating the Kriss above weapons like the P90, LWRC, etc was silly. They have their own rating system but I have mine. Other than that, I wish they had gone into more detail about the different weapons.

Leave the guns...bring the cannolis.
    Give me but one firm spot on which to stand and I will move the Earth. -Archimedes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast