Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to 45 ACP, where the heck to find ammo!?

Feedback Score

New to 45 ACP, where the heck to find ammo!?

Hey all,

Just bought my first 45 ACP. What is the deal with ammo supplies!? I thought .223/5.56 was bad, but the situation with 45 ACP looks to be even worse. Or maybe I simply don't know where to look for 45 ACP like I do for 5.56. Any kind folks want to clue me in on where the online (or otherwise) deals can be found?

Thanks,
    Jimmy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Watch the local walmart and aimsurplus.com

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Have you considered reloading? It's easy to reload 45 ACP and a heck of a lot cheaper ($0.12 per cartridge)...of course you have to have a grand for a good reloading setup and another grand for brass/primers/powder/bullets.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

Thumbs down

Not to be a buzzkill, but I'm in the same boat, amigo.

I shot 500 rounds, like a fool, at the range a couple of weeks ago, and burned through a chunk of my stash.

The situation with .45ACP is depressing. I would consider this to be the hardest ammunition for me to find at the moment.

My local dealer has at least 20,000 rounds of 5.56 in stock, but not a drop of .45.

I was under the impression 9mm was more popular.

Feedback Score
    OMB Police Suppy has 230 ball - more expensive than Walmart but they have it.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLandlord View Post
    The situation with .45ACP is depressing. I would consider this to be the hardest ammunition for me to find at the moment.
    Not to continue the Buzz kill too, but .45ACP is really hard to get out here. Start thinking about reloading.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Just be Wally World vigilant and/or check online frequently. Took me 2 months to put together 3K for classes by checking in at Wally's over a large area. Found out what time they put out stock and arrived promptly on time. Many times there wasn't any .45 there, even if the manifesto said there should be. Or else they were hoarding it for themselves and/or friends. Winchester White Box was the only type I would buy. Don't want any ammo issues when forking out $$$ for a class. 100 for approx $32 with tax. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    That's interesting, because I placed on order with them for 230 ball about 2 months ago and it still hasn't shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul45 View Post
    OMB Police Suppy has 230 ball - more expensive than Walmart but they have it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have seen it on the web just have to search.Sportsman guide has 45 in stock right now

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Natchez Shooters Supply has some S&B ball in stock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast