Thanks for the kind words, gents. I got my hands on a much better scale and my earlier figure was only slightly off. The carbine comes in at 6 lbs 12.8 oz, which would be 6.8 lbs rather than 6.7.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
Any chance that FSB shaved down like that made it's way to a scale before it got reinstalled?

I'd like to compare the weight of...
I'm interested in that comparison as well. I'll eagerly await Robb's findings once he does the next one that he mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewdanger View Post
What sling are you going to run?
Right now I have a padded VTAC that I made into a 1 pt sling instead of 2 pt by connecting it back to itself. I like how it works but I'm not necessarily settled yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
That is pretty amazing. I always weigh with sling in place so this isn't apples:apples, but that puts you 1.2 lbs less than this configuration.
My reasoning for weighing without the sling is that sling weight is not something my arms really have to bear: that is a weight that my body takes on. I understand that in a role of humping the rifle around, weight is weight, but I look more for weight savings in terms of tired arms.

Still, I've weighed it with the sling attached and it comes out to 7 lbs 3.8 oz

Quote Originally Posted by Drummer View Post
What is the weight of the EX10 and Vltor mount combined?
My scale says 3.4 oz with battery included.

Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
It looks great. You have nice skills with the Krylon!
Thanks man, I appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
A few other things that can shave off some weight since it's a midlength would be to use a JP LMOS carrier which is 6.25oz or a if you got one for really cheap a Colt non-shrouded 1/2 circle carrier which weighs 8.63oz. Either will work with a CAR 3.0oz buffer just fine on a midlength....
If you did go do the JP LMOS carrier since it doesn't have forward cocking serrations you could remove the forward assist from your upper and fill it with the delrin plug which DPMS sells.
Very interesting. And you don't think there would be any remote possibility of reliability issues with the LMOS?
I'll have to consider whether or not I want to retain forward assist functionality. Definitely something for me to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by RojasTKD View Post
How that flashlight work for you? Run time?
Here's a very thorough review (not mine) including numerous runtime plots. Short answer is that the EX10 will give you 1.5 hours of runtime before it hits 50% brightness, and up until then the regulation is very good (I.E. full brightness is retained through almost all of those 90 minutes) as you can see in the runtime plots in that review.

It's a multi-level light which can be dialed down for lower light and more runtime, but only if you are using it in click-on click-off mode. If you are in momentary only mode (which I keep it) then it stays at max brightness.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
Speaking as someone who has lost a taper pin, I like the idea of having two. I don't think I would have reduced everything to only one.
I'll keep an eye on it: thanks for the heads up. I'm no expert so I just put my trust in Robb's hands and let him do his work.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatoCATM View Post
What colors did you use for that paint job?
I checked the actual cans for you:

2902 Moss - this was Satin "Outdoor Spaces"
2423 Satin River Rock - this was the light Fusion
4291 Khaki (camo line)
4292 Brown (camo line)
4293 Olive (camo line)