Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Good, The Bad and then the Ugly.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    CoryCop25,

My new G-21SF has the standard single magazine release with the Glock standard rail. I will not be hanging any lights off her as I have heard that doing so can cause function problems. I also attended a advanced Glock Armors course and I could not get the instructors to really talk about issues any police departments were having with the Glock .45acps, they were very tight lipped.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Good deal on the mag release then. I asked a question in my class about the two guns from a state police agency that had exploded and all they said was that they were poorly taken care of. FWIW, the light issue was for the smaller framed guns with weak mag springs and the lights that were causing problems were the 3 cell ones that were quite heavy. Your gun would be fine with a light. I carry mine with the light attached and have never had a malfunction.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If I decide to go with a gun mounted light for very limited situations, I would have to fire at lease a 1000rds with the light attached to assure function. I have seen and heard many pro's and con's about weapon mounted lights and the jury is this out with me on the issue.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    We got G22s in January of 2007 and I have had an M-3 on it from the start. I made sure that I had the proper amount of coils on the mag springs and have about 2500 stoppage free rounds through it. Wish I could shoot more but budget gets in the way real quick.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12