Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grip Safety

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Grip Safety

Anyone know where I can score a new grip safety for my Springfield Loaded model? Springfield won't do it, safety issue they say.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Are you going to be replacing it yourself?

Check Brownells, they have a large selection of grip safeties. Just remember that there is no such thing as a drop-in safety. They all have to be fitted to the gun.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Yeah, I've checked Brownells. Problem is that Springfield put a funky compound curve on theirs. It is proprietary.

I am going to do it myself, I really didn't want to take it to gunsmith to have the frame recut. I c/o the trigger, and the bow/safety interface is a little off.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Anyone know where I can score a new grip safety for my Springfield Loaded model? Springfield won't do it, safety issue they say.
    what do you mean, is there something wrong with the one you have? or don't you like it?
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The shape, fit to my hand is fine, but the trigger bow to safety interface was tuned for a different skeletonized trigger. I've fitted a solid trigger, and now the grip safety doesn't work. I would like to get a stock part, and retune it. It is only a $20-$25 part, but Springfield said no.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    When you say doesn't work, do you mean that it does not engage or dis-engage?
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Without being depressed the trigger can be pulled.

Feedback Score
    Tom, you can also build up with a little weld the part that stops the trigger, and then file it to your taste...

Feedback Score
    There is true enlightenment and knowledge of the universe, and then above that level is a non-gun smith working on 1911s. I'm kind of slow, so fitting a Wilson 'drop-in' beavertail safety took me a whole weekend as I started to understand the intricasies of the relationship between trigger bow and frame interaction with the safety.

Didn't realize SA had some propietary parts...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    S&A makes a grip safety specific to Springfield. Give them a call.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast