Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sig P239 vs Springfield EMP

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    I carry a full size M&P daily and use a 26 at work as a BUG. I'm looking for a single stack gun so that I have something that's thinner and a bit lighter
    totally understand I just wanted to give advice/experience but put it into context.

Once thing I left off about the EMP was the take down. You need a tool to do it (it can be done without it but it's hard) and that might have some bearing as well. It doesn't take down like a standard 1911. The Sig was significantly easier to take apart and put back together again.

I also have a full size m&p (9mm) and carry it when carrying big.
    Last edited by exitinyourhead; 08-17-09 at 13:12. Reason: m&p add
    "Never give up... Never surrender"
    -Jason Nesmith

Feedback Score
    Have you looked at the Sig P6/225? JGSales has them for $350.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrazier View Post
    Have you looked at the Sig P6/225? JGSales has them for $350.
    Tried a few locally and the triggers were horrible. Plus, aren't parts difficult to locate for it?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    Tried a few locally and the triggers were horrible. Plus, aren't parts difficult to locate for it?
    It's a dead platform. I don't know what kind of support Sig still has for it.

Feedback Score
    Triggers are a little heavy. But you still can get parts from Top Gun Supply, they carry all oparts for Sig. Most parts are common to the P228.

Feedback Score

similar choice

I got to shoot the Para Carry 9, but only one box of ammo. It was great, no problems. However, it's a Para and around my circle, it is feast or famine with them. I love the idea of a small, thin 9mm but I wanted more input from Para owners. Still waiting.

It is relatively close in size to the EMP. Again great concept, not enough in person experience.

Several coworkers have the P239 in 9, .40, and .357 Sig. All have great reviews of them. Only one complaint was grip screws were destroyed by Mongo who used a non-gun screwdriver to replace grips.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My wife has the EMP and loves it. After about 200 rounds we had issues with it feeding. We called Springfield and they walked us through some checks and when they didn't pass they sent out a call tag. We had it back in 10 days. Since then the guns reliability has really improved and she has worked on her grip, it seems to be sensitive to limp wristing with lighter loads.

I am not sure about the +P loads being an issue because it likes ammo on the hotter side. At the moment she is carrying 124 grain Hydra Shoks which run 100%.

I think the gun is overpriced for what it is but the gun is very accurate and it comes with wood grips and night sites. I wish they would come out with a plain jane version for $500 because all the ladies she lets shoot it fall in love until they see the price tag.

My recommendation would be a Kahr CW9 or P9. I carry an old E9, it has been a really good gun and I have not been easy on it.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The 239 is a great little gun. Its a bit heavy for its size. I would recommend the SRT trigger kit. Get a Raven Concealment holster and you are good to go.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've had 2 P6s, they are pretty thick for what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    To paraphrase LAV:

1. 1911's in 9mm should be considered nothing more than toys
    That's it, I'm bringing my 9mm 1911 to the next LAV class I go to.

He didn't comment on the 10mm one I had last class. It didn't choke though.
    Last edited by 87GN; 08-22-09 at 13:23.

Feedback Score
    Don't post often but have carreid for over 40+ years, between the two listed I would opt for the 239, have owned 3 version's the DAO, DAK, and the DA/SA, I prefer the DAO, only due to being an OLD revolver type guy, 9mm is smooth , the 40 nad 357 are a little robust in recoil but they carry so nice, last one I had , Houge grips worked well on and were not to bulky.

Have no time on trigger with the EMP, but my troops whom have purchased them , have had problems from the get go.

If you want a 9mmin the 1911 platform go with a Commander style 4" you'll be money ahead of the game and happier
    "A shot never fired is always a miss"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast