Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hola! from sunny Punta Cana

Feedback Score

Hola! from sunny Punta Cana

Sipping on a cold Presidente after a rough day at the beach. Hear it's a bit chilly up you fella's way.

Mid-80's today (and the rest of the week) and maybe low to mid-70's at night. It sucks I tell ya.

Obviously no gun fondling here but I think I can make it.

Any requests? Be nice and don't be vulgar!

Oh, staying at the Majestic Elegance Punta Cana. Pretty nice resort, all-inclusive. It's my wife's and mine 22nd annual "Tropical Winter Getaway". Started in '93 and have gone every year in either January or February. All over the Caribbean and Puerto Vallarta a few times too. It's definitely a bug you get bitten by! I put myself on the liver transplant list every year before I go.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 01-21-14 at 15:37.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Sipping on a cold Presidente after a rough day at the beach. Hear it's a bit chilly up you fella's way.

Mid-80's today (and the rest of the week) and maybe low to mid-70's at night. It sucks I tell ya.

Any requests? Be nice and don't be vulgar!

Oh, staying at the Majestic Elegance Punta Cana. Pretty nice resort, all-inclusive. It's my wife's and mine 22nd annual "Tropical Winter Getaway". Started in '93 and have gone every year in either January or February. All over the Caribbean and Puerto Vallarta a few times too. It's definitely a bug you get bitten by! I put myself on the liver transplant list every year before I go.

I took my wife to the Majestic Elegance at Punta Cana for our Honey moon- GREAT PLACE! Good choice.

Drink some mamajauna and don't miss the tequilla tastings at the majestic, they have some good 'quillas for you to try if they are still doing the same daily tastings as they were when we were there...

The wife and I had more than a few nights of drinking on the beach until sun up and stumbling back to the room for a dose of Z'zzzzz before the partying started back up.

We had so much to eat/drink and so much fun/relaxation at the resort- although there was tons of stuff to do off-resort, we never left our entire visit. It was great. Such beautiful beaches (Private and nude).

The staff was really good there also, fun and great service. The food is pretty dang good as far as resort food goes, some of the best I've had at an all inclusive. Rooms were great, we got a suite and it was awesome, full size indoor jacuzzi W/ a private outdoor hot tub on our deck, HUGE walk-in shower with shower heads spraying at every angle but up- and very spacious main room and living room area with everything we could have wanted (Other than some firearms...).

I remember getting in at 4:00 AM local time and b-lining it to the bar for a presidente and a shot of tequilla, very refreshing beer and a great tequilla I forget the name of. Make sure and drink some of the barbancourt rum (Spelling?); it is from haiti, but I found it to be very good for cheap rum.

I smoked so many delicious arturo fuentes out there, and they were so INEXPENSIVE! I still have an unopened box at home I'm saving for a special anniversary.

Hope you have a blast!

Oh and it is 62 here in CO, with a chance of snow tomorrow afternoon...
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    I went there a few years ago with the wife for our honeymoon. We weren't at that resort, but a similar one (all inclusive, ect). I remember having an El Presidente or 30. We were at one of the bars in the evening just having out, so I threw the bartender a $5 tip and we were well taken care of the rest of the night.

We did a couple of the excursions and the food was really good. We had a good time.

ETA: We're in the negatives tonight with a high of 14* tomorrow. Is it May yet?
    Last edited by Talon167; 01-21-14 at 19:25.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have gone to the DR every winter since 1996. Started with my parents, then with my friend, then with a GF who became my fiancé in the DR and we got married in Punta Cana last Feb.

I would frequently taunt co workers and friends by posting/emailing photos from the beach while the froze their butts off.

My parents are in Punta Cana now.

For the price there is no better bargain in the Carribean. I wish we were going this winter, but between the wedding in Punta Cana and the honeymoon in Mexico our vacation budget will not be able to facilitate a trip this winter. It's killing me.

Enjoy!
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Have fun man. I have spent a couple of weeks there and can't really say anything bad about the place. I enjoyed it, especially if you can get to know a at least a few of the resort workers. Being a uh, bar....aficionado...... I befriended a few bartenders. Great guys with a story to tell if you are willing and they are not busy. Get off of the resort if you can.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    Sounds like an amazing place! Which begs the question... Why are you still even reading, let alone posting, here?
    Have fun!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post

Any requests?
    I request you get bitten by a shark only losing a hand, maybe your right hand and a bit of forearm, just after you post pool side bikini pics
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    I have gone to the DR every winter since 1996. Started with my parents, then with my friend, then with a GF who became my fiancé in the DR and we got married in Punta Cana last Feb.

I would frequently taunt co workers and friends by posting/emailing photos from the beach while the froze their butts off.

My parents are in Punta Cana now.

For the price there is no better bargain in the Carribean. I wish we were going this winter, but between the wedding in Punta Cana and the honeymoon in Mexico our vacation budget will not be able to facilitate a trip this winter. It's killing me.

Enjoy!
    It's kinda funny.......on these tropical travels we've taken over the years you obviously meet first-timers, but the majority seem to be folks like my wife and I who do it on a regular basis. It's addicting! Nothing like a mid-winter break from freezing your ass off!

Sitting here knocking back a few espressos before heading to the gym for a light cardio workout. Did extra workouts the last few weeks so I just have to do a few short booze-burning/cleansing-by-sweat sessions here. Don't care to have my normal routine hanging over my head while on vacation! Then it's off to the breakfast boofay.........
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    So which suite are you staying in. After checking it out I think the "elegance club jr. suite" is the best bang for buck.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My wife and I just returned from a week in Hawaii for the same reason. Considering another trip to Cancun in May for the anniversary but not sure we'll make it this year.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast