Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns you just HAD to have?

Feedback Score
    My latest "had to have" purchase was a Simth & Wesson 686+ with a 5" barrel and smooth (non-fluted) cylinder. Added a pair of Ahrends smooth, round to square butt conversion grips. Damn it's sexy. The purchase was based on seeing an identical one on another board.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Mark 23, still on the last

My I just had to have has not happened. HK Mark23. No good reason to purchase such a gun when you have the HK45, but what the hell. Thats what this thread is all about.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Mark 23, still on the list

My I just had to have has not happened. HK Mark23. No good reason to purchase such a gun when you have the HK45, but what the hell. Thats what this thread is all about.

Feedback Score
    VP70Z, it was an interesting time in my life.
    But i'm feeling much better now.
    came to my senses and traded it away.
    Actually got more for it than I paid.

Feedback Score

different rifle

Springfield Armory M-1873 rifle made in 1879. An old school fighting rifle with a 32.5 in. barrel. On to loading black powder I guess. A little history never hurt. Much...

Feedback Score
    HK USP Tactical 45

i lived on the barracks and i couldn't own one but i had the money for it.. ,first thing when i EAS was to get that pistol and i have lived happily ever after

Feedback Score
    My first gun was an Argentine Mauser 7.65X55 I still got it. really flat shooting rifle. First pistol was a S&W model 4566 tactical that was nice but traded it for a G23 and carried it for a good while. After a few thousand rounds thru it, my buddy loved it so much he traded it for his HK USPC .45 I carry it to this day. The only regrets I have are getting rid of a LAR Grizzly mark 5 in .44 mag. That gun was ignorantly accurate and was in pristine condition.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by slowjon View Post
    My latest "had to have" purchase was a Simth & Wesson 686+ with a 5" barrel and smooth (non-fluted) cylinder. Added a pair of Ahrends smooth, round to square butt conversion grips. Damn it's sexy. The purchase was based on seeing an identical one on another board.
    Pics or it didn't happen.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up Buy the Mark 23

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    BS. That's not a good enough excuse, I have both. Just buy it and be happy
    K.I.S.S. (Keep it Simple Stupid)
    KAC SR-15 IWS Tan
    KAC SR-25 EMC
    LWRC M6 IC

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    HK USP40 -- Bought one the first day they were available at my local gun shop. Read an article by this high-speed low-drag uber-experienced gun writer named Duane Thomas saying it was the toughest, most capable pistol ever designed and was his #1 choice for a home defense pistol.

Browning Hi-Power .40 -- Bought one a couple months later when that same gun writer wrote that it was the toughest, most capable pistol ever designed and was his #1 choice for a home defense pistol.

After that, I stopped reading gun magazines.
    Too funny.

My recent purchases as of late have been, for a change, made with careful deliberation and then transacted with absolutely zero self-control.

Must have purchases I've made in the last year ... an HK45, a Wilson Combat CQB (with a nudge from LAV), and a S&W M&P Pro Series 9mm.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast