Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which M&P Holster do you own and use?

Feedback Score

Which M&P Holster do you own and use?

Which MODEL BladeTech holster are you using for standard carry on the hip? (OWB only please). If you are not using BladeTech, then what other EXACT model are you using? Does it have a thumbreak or other method of retention?
    ?

ANYHOW, I see BladeTech has FOUR methods of attachemnt:

DOH, Paddle, Teklock, (all shown below), and then there is the new "Stingray" design, which WAS listed in the link below last week, but is gone now. I took a quick look at them, and I remember thinking the Stingray looked best, but I honestly have no idea which I would prefer. I once owned some Teklock stuff, and hated it honestly.
    I just prefer to run my 1.5" belt through the holster and have a nice SECURE method of attachment, without any swiveling, or possibility of my holster coming undone or snapping off in any way.
    What are YOU guys using?

http://www.speedshooterspecialties.c...er+Attachments
    Last edited by Razorhunter; 08-16-09 at 12:45.
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm not a big fan of OWB and generally only do it during certain UC operations at work (obviously I carry OWB while in uniform). When carrying OWB, I use one of the Raven Phantom holsters to hold my M&P40 w/ attached light. No kind of retention device on the holster.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    For OWB I usually have my MP40 in a Comptac Minotaur Gladiator holster. Very comfortable, rides just right and holds the weapon close for maximum concealability. Obviously it will not conceal like an IWB, but holds just fine for me when wearing a large t shirt or button up shirt. The holster is a leather/kydex hybrid and retains the weapon nice and tight. It uses a friction lock system and if yours is made anything like mine at first it is almost too tight. But it will quickly become managable after a few hundred drills. Hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    I'm not a big fan of OWB and generally only do it during certain UC operations at work (obviously I carry OWB while in uniform). When carrying OWB, I use one of the Raven Phantom holsters to hold my M&P40 w/ attached light. No kind of retention device on the holster.
    I agree. I have not found a better, more concealable kydex holster. Plus you have the option of very easily converting it to IWB.
    Last edited by JohnN; 08-16-09 at 15:08.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Now if only RCS will start offering holsters for the 9L/Pro.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My OWB is a Safariland 6378.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Comp-Tac Locking Paddle.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    Now if only RCS will start offering holsters for the 9L/Pro.
    They will if you send them your slide.

I'm currentely using a Bladetech paddle w/light. I'm about to switch to a safariland 6280.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm issued a S&W M&P 40 at work.

OWB: Comp-Tac Paddle
    IWB: CCC Looper (FBI Cant)
    DUTY: I don't carry it at work right now, but when I do I have a Safariland 6360 that fits the gun with a Surefire X300 attached.

Feedback Score
    Ok guys,
    I think I've got it narrowed down to either the Raven Phantom OR the Comp Tac Minotaur Gladiator holster.
    The Minotaur is shown below, and I must say, it looks impressive to me. I DO wish they were leather lined, but you can't always get it exactly like you want I suppose.

As for the Raven Phantom (also shown below), I like the fact that it can be EITHER an IWB or OWB. That's nice.
    Does anyone have comments on which mode of carry it works best for? IOW's, does it OWB, just as good as it IWB's? I sure hope so. I generally OWB all of my handguns, as that just offers much quicker drawing for me.
    I might even end up with both of these holsters.
    Much thanks to you guys who commented, especially "bjw182..." for introducing me to the Minotaur Gladiator line, which I had not seen before.
    Now I just have to determine WHICH mag carriers I like best. I'm looking for a double M&P45 mag carrier, that is somewhat low profile and comfortable, with secure holding, but easy draw. Hell, that's nothing too fancy eh?

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog.php?cPath=35
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast