Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G26 9mm or G30SF .45

Feedback Score

G26 9mm or G30SF .45

Wanting to purchase a new concealed carry. Can't make up my mind. Any Ideas or sugestions? Pros and cons. Been thinking about this for sometime. Just want to make the right choice. Lets hear it... Glock 26 or Glock 30SF?
    Last edited by MSP "Sarge"; 08-16-09 at 17:54.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No experience with the Glock SF series, but I did own the G26 and G30 as well as the G36. The G30 was a fat bastard to conceal. I would choose the G26 between the two for that reason as well as cheaper ammo. If you want slim in a .45, I'd suggest looking at the G36. It's about the same size as a G19, only thinner and quite an excellent carry piece in .45ACP.
    We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training.

-Archilochus

Feedback Score

Wink G26 or G30SF

I know little to nothing about the G26, but I do own a G30 SF. I believe the "SF" stands for "SLIM FRAME".I don't know how that relates to the size of th G26, but I do not have large hands and I love the way it feels. I would reccomend the Pearce grip extensions,not the ones that add rounds I was less than impressed with them. The extensions nicely grab that "pinky " that is wanting to fall off the end of the frame.I come from a long backround of 1911's, so I always go slow and heavy (.45).Probably because I've become similar in my later years. Anyways I hope I could help alittle. Take care, take time and good luck to you and yours!!!

Feedback Score
    I own both. Which on fits you the best and which one do you shoot the best? I shoot the G30 SF the best. The G26 is smaller and easier to control but the 30 fits my hand better. You need to try both. Don't forget the G27. Great gun / great round.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Feedback Score
    The G30 SF is a great gun, but the size is practically the same as the G19, only fatter... if you like the 45 is a great option, but the G19 is a great package too.

The G26 is much smaller than both, but also more uncomfortable to grip and shoot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a Glock 30 and Glk26 I am not sure about the SF but all that does is slim the frame not the slide and thats whats alittle blocky on the 30 I would say a 30 is closer to a 19 or 23 frame size than a 26. That being said I carry both I find the 26 more compact.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    So you are going to carry a tiny gun that you can barely get your whole hand on and you want more recoil, not less in a life-or-death stress situation?

M_P

ToddG Guest
    The question should be, "Glock 26 or Glock 19?"

Feedback Score
    And between those two (G19/26) MY choice would be the G19

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    The question should be, "Glock 26 or Glock 19?"
    If that was the question, the answer would be "Glock 26 and Glock 19".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast