The other thread about how many mags one shoul carry if SHTF got me thinking about carrying fewer mags on my FLC vest and what else I could carry instead for a SHTF(sorry to keep using this term, I'm getting sick of it too) on a vest. This resulted in me think about building something along the lines of what one might call a bug out vest(best name I could come up with). My idea is something that carries most of you survival necesities, but would always be with you, versus a pack that can't be worn while driving or may have to be jettisoned for whatever reason. That way you have enough stuff to keep you going for at least a day or two. So far all I can come up with would be a setup with the following.
1. The vest itself
2. A way to carry 3-4 m16 mags
3. A good flashlight
4. A knife and or multitool
5. At least 2 quarts of water(proabably more?)
6. A couple MREs
7. A FAK
8. Other little odds&ends one might need, like a lighter, spare batteries, etc.

Does this sound like a good idea? I was thinking about picking up a few more of those vests so that I could have one for different situations and rifles, but I'm tyring to decide if this is a good idea so I can line up other gear I'll need for this.

I hope this post made sense, I'm probably to tired to be posting complete thougths.