Thread: Moving UBR QD Cups

Feedback Score

Moving UBR QD Cups

If you want to move the QD cups on the UBR stock, you unscrew the bolt and nut in them and then how is the best way to remove the cup? I tapped at from behind and before I got after it I wanted to a) make sure that they are moveable and b) the best way to drive them out.

The hex screws and nuts don't have any structural function right? They just hold in the QD cups, right?

Thanks
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    You should be able to drive them out - they are a little hard to get going because the cups are serrated on the side that fits into the plastic of the stock... they are pressed in. Make sure you center / align them before you start tightening the bolts once you move them to their new location / side.

Feedback Score
    That's what I thought, and I thought I had seen it in the UBR manual, but I didn't see it this time when I downloaded it. I have a tendency to push stuff to hard, so I wanted to make sure before I messed with it.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I tapped it out from the backside to remove it, and used my vice (with some wood blocks) to gently squeeze it back in the other side.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    After you've removed the nut/bolt from the cup you can put your sling in the cup, set the UBR on the floor, stand on it, and pull on your sling. It'll pop out. Tap it in the other side using a non-marring mallet if you have one (hard plastic, hard rubber, rawhide, etc.) taking care to keep it aligned. Lather, rinse, repeat for the other cup if you're moving both of them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by erik_ View Post
    After you've removed the nut/bolt from the cup you can put your sling in the cup, set the UBR on the floor, stand on it, and pull on your sling. It'll pop out.
    I'll be sure to have my video camera going when I do it, something isn't going to go flying. I do like the no tool method though.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Definitely don't lose a tooth or an eye while performing this trick. If you do, be sure to get it on tape.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by erik_ View Post
    Definitely don't lose a tooth or an eye while performing this trick. If you do, be sure to get it on tape.
    i poked myself right in the eye, when i did it. everything is easy, after you know how. be safe.
    Cold Zero