Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: m1a scout vs. .308 AR

Feedback Score
    I'm ashamed to say I have a Springfield M1 Scout that I've had for almost a year and a half that I haven't shot. I messed up and "loaned" my sand bags to a friend and he busted them so I haven't even tried to sight it in yet.

Interesting thread thanks guys

Matt

Feedback Score

I think i made my choice

M1A scout vs 308 AR ....

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That is dope!!!!

Now get some USGI mags from 44mag.com. Those T57-type mags are good only for the range. I sold mine off for $25 a pop.

Feedback Score

mags

how can you tell they are T-57 mags?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The ones you see a lot of now that are labeled 'T57' or 'New Taiwanese Production' are generally blued instead of phosphate finished. Oh, and you'll never find an actual COO (Country of Origin) on them anywhere. Current speculation is that they're coming out of VietNam and being moved thru either Korea or Taiwan to get them into the US.

There used to be a great write up for free from 'Different', who's probably one of the most knowledgeable M14/M1A history/fraud SMEs you can talk. Unfortunately the guide appears to be be MIA currently.

http://www.imageseek.com/m1a/book.html

Anyhow, short version, make sure that any magazines you buy are from CheckMate Industries and you can't really go wrong. Their 20rd M14 magazines are current USGI and the rest of their line is GTG, especially their 25rd mags.
    Kelly H
    Yes, I know. No, I won't tell you.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I said "T57-type" not T57 mags. I knew they were either fake T57's or perhaps the real deal.....who know's????? They come in brown oiled paper like those you have shown.

Get the Checkmate Industries 20-round USGI mags ($23/mag). Skip on the 25-rounders as they look retarded and what is 5 more rounds of 7.62x51 NATO going to do that you can't do with 20. They also interfere with clearance in the prone position.

Nice rifle.

Feedback Score

ah ok

ah ok . I will begin researching my mags and find out ...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by PolishX View Post
    M1A scout vs 308 AR ....
    Bro,that rifle is badass! I have a SOCOM2 and wanted to ditch the rail and fiberglass stock (nostalgia reasons ) and put a nice wood stock and an aimpoint.where dod you get the handguard with the integrated rail? Is that a springfield piece? thanks in advance and didn't mean to hijack

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123