Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Finally Found One!!!

Feedback Score

I Finally Found One!!!

I have been looking for a Stainless PT-1911 AR for about a year now, after I shot my buddies. First I really like the weight of the extra metal up front, it helps to balance the gun and reduce recoil. I also like the fact that I can install my light or laser for home defense. The gun was purchased for that specific purpose but I am sure it will see a bunch of range time as well. I do not want to special order a holster for a gun with a rail so it is not going to see time on my hip. I have seen a few if the stainless guns but none with the integral rail and none of the others was completely bead blasted, both slide and frame, which is what I also wanted. There are no polished or shiny surfaces on this gun. Had there been any, they would have been blasted as well. Of course the first thing I did was replace the grips. Here it is!!

Can't wait to get it to the range!!

tex45acp

All it takes for evil to occur, is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tex45acp View Post
    about a year now, after I shot my buddies.
    They don't put you in prison for that in Texas?

M_P

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good Luck

Feedback Score
    Hey,

It's the way we keep the population explosion from taking over the state, especially those coming from our southern borders.

tex

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_pirate View Post
    They don't put you in prison for that in Texas?

M_P
    ROTFLMAO
    A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a subject.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Not to rain on your parade, but I have heard good and bad about the Taurus 1911's. On a positive note, I was speaking to a salesman at a gun shop last night. He is knowledgeable about 1911 pistols and said that they were not his first choice but surprisingly they have had no returns on the Taurus 1911's that they have sold.

Next thing I would do is go out and buy a couple cases of ammo for it and run one case through the gun to detect any issues.

Good Luck!
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    Not to rain on your parade, but I have heard good and bad about the Taurus 1911's. On a positive note, I was speaking to a salesman at a gun shop last night. He is knowledgeable about 1911 pistols and said that they were not his first choice but surprisingly they have had no returns on the Taurus 1911's that they have sold.

Next thing I would do is go out and buy a couple cases of ammo for it and run one case through the gun to detect any issues.

Good Luck!
    MarshallDodge,

You didn't!! Prior to this gun I had another PT-1911, in black/blue, whatever color they called it. I put several thousand rounds of ammo through it and never had any problems. Great gun with a really crappy finish. That is why I bought another one, well I should say stole another one. I traded my other gun in on this one and added $50 more. It was new in the box, but had been sitting on another dealers shelf for over a year. Seems no one wanted it because of the rail. Their bad luck and my good luck. If it is half as accurate and as reliable as the previous PT-1911 I had, I will be a happy man. Best of all it is stainless and that is my preference in 1911's and the whole gun is beadblasted without any shiny flats. My Wilson Combat Professional is stainless and beadblasted the same way as was my Springfield Loaded Target in 9mm.

The ammo situation is hopefully going to happen this weekend. I have 200 rounds of Winchester White box, 100 rounds of Remington, 50 rounds of Federal Hydrashok (my carry ammo) and 250 rounds of handloads just waiting to scream down the barrel!!
    tex45acp
    Last edited by tex45acp; 08-21-09 at 06:22.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Very cool and congrats!

I would love to try out a Taurus 1911. But in Cali it be difficult to get.
    The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

JHP's are good times, for bad people.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loupav View Post
    Very cool and congrats!

I would love to try out a Taurus 1911. But in Cali it be difficult to get.
    I am really suprised because not only do they have the series 80 firing pin block, they have a lock on the hammer as well.

tex45acp

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good luck, I hope you have more luck with yours than I have seen others have...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast