Thread: about shot guns

Feedback Score

about shot guns

Can I buy a Remmy 870 to multi task with? Like if I bought a 870 express tactical for home defense could I also just change out the barrel and use it for a deer or turkey gun also? Sorta like how bird hunters change out their barrels for various chokes for bird hunting..... I know exactly jack poop about shot guns!?!?

Please advise

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Absolutely.

If the state that you'll be hunting in only allows 3 rds. in the shotgun for hunting, then you can either make a plug for the extended magazine or just use a standard mag spring and standard mag tube cap.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    should I consider the 870 super magnum at all?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToeCutter View Post
    should I consider the 870 super magnum at all?
    Only if you're going to be doing a lot of water fowling. 2 3/4" shells have killed everything on this planet that walks, swims or flies.

3 1/2" was developed because people are forced to use non toxic shells for water fowling. When steel shot first came out, it ended up maiming more ducks and geese than cleanly killing. By putting more shot in the shell and driving it faster, it helped. Non toxic, non steel shot has been developed which more closely approximates the old lead shot, like Bismuth and others, which puts the weight back in the shot so that you don't really need a 3 1/2" load.

Personally I think a gun chambered for 3" shells can handle anything just fine.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com