Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XDM trigger reset

Feedback Score

XDM trigger reset

hope this topic hasn't been beat to death somewhere else. i am vacillating between buying a used sig or a new xdm in 40 cal. have heard that the glock-like trigger on the xdm has issues on the "reset". have never fired one so those that have, is it an issue? thanks

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have no idea I've shot two XDMs and both shot fine.

The finest triggers I've ever shot on standard XDs were trigger jobs that were performed by Springer Precision. I'd give them a call and see if there's any truth to what you said.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Buy the used SIG.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Buy the used SIG because:

SIG has excellent customer service, if you need a repair, or want to chage to DAO, want it refinished, need a repair, or whatever SIG can do it. Springfield Armory does NONE of these things.

There are a million holsters out there for SIG.

SIG is professional grade, even a used SIG will prove much more reliable after additional years of service than the Croatian import..

It is a "classic" SIG, the 1911 of the nineties.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have owned both the xd40 5" and p226 in .40, and find the p226 to be superior in just about every way. I still have the Sig, but the XD is long gone.

To me, the Sig is superior because of:
    -Less perceived recoil/snap
    -Less muzzle flip
    -Sights fall more easily and consistently back onto target
    -Better balanced
    -More inherent accuracy
    -More discrete trigger break
    -Shorter reset (SRT)
    -The XD trigger safety bothered my finger
    -I could not find a way to hold the XD with a modern thumbs-forward grip because the grip was so small.
    -XD parts are hard to find
    -XD's have a questionable reputation for reliability and durability among senior members here who see a lot of different guns and have access to LE agency test results.

I have not shot the XDM but have held and dry fired it, and frankly don't think it's too much different from the XD besides interchangeable grip panels and aesthetics. The trigger still stinks.

I recently tried the m&p .40 and was very impressed. It had less recoil and perceived muzzle flip than the Sig, and the trigger was not bad. I liked the Sig's trigger better and found its movement in recoil to be more predictable, though. For the money, you can't beat a new m&p if you want .40. If you can find a good, lightly used Sig that's a great option too. Just make sure the rails are in decent shape. Conventional wisdom says to avoid new Sigs at this time.

Best of luck in whatever you decide.
    Last edited by calvin118; 08-22-09 at 15:04.

Feedback Score
    Croatian import......????

thanks for the infor. guys. had no idea there was so much diff.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nwcatman View Post
    Croatian import......????

thanks for the infor. guys. had no idea there was so much diff.
    Yes, Croatian import...SA dosen't actually "make" anything for the XD,XDM..They simply import parts, and assembled pistols from the manfacuturer in Croatia...If you're looking for a .40, take a good look at a M&P, or a older (pre 2004) Sig...

Feedback Score
    how would i know its a pre 2004, and WHY pre 2004?

Feedback Score
    ALSO.......calvin says S&W M&P is good. opinions on that one?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    2004 is considered the cut off point before Sig's Q.C. started to slip..It was in 2004 that the former CEO of Kimber took over at Sig after leaving Kimber, and used the same manfacturing model as he used at Kimber, Which resulted in their Q.C. problems..Things like buying parts from all over (think asia) Poor customer service, (Sig used to have good CS).Etc, I looked at the Sig website, they'll look up the serial# of a Sig, for $12 or so....I have a P-220 that was I figure was made before the cut-off, I bought it in 2004, but it had sat on the dealer's shelf for at least a year prior, it was the last one he had...It's been a excellant pistol, I don't have any experience with the .40 cal M&P (I have a midsized.45M&P) But, I do know that S&W designed the .40 cal M&P from the ground up AS a.40, not trying to build a .40 on a 9mm frame like so many others have.The result of this is a pistol that can handle the slide velocitys, pressures, of the .40 without premature wear on anything, S&W, Sig, and HK are about the only manfacturer's that went this route, just about everyone else tried to build on 9mm frames and it generally didn't work well....
    Last edited by ralph; 08-23-09 at 09:17.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast