Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glock 19: FTE's

Feedback Score

New Glock 19: FTE's

I just got my first Glock 19, I've got a 17 that I've grown to like after some initial brass in the face aggravation, and wanted the little brother for carry

It's a new, third gen, phosphate/park coating finish.

I put somewhere between 50-75 rounds through it in the last two days, so about 100-150 total this weekend.

The first shot out of the gun, the casing hung in the chamber, but I had no more FTE's that day.
    Today though, I had three FTE's. I didn't notice anything that triggered the malfunction.

Here's a drawing of how all 4 FTE's looked before I racked it out of the chamber.
    (please excuse bad MS-paint, i think you can get the idea though)

Does anyone have any clue as to what might be causing the problem?

I'm not real thrilled with my Glock experience so far. Hopefully I can get this taken care of.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    What ammunition?

Feedback Score
    Limp wristed ? Weak wrist ? Stove pipe. Gotm4 or Grant would know. They'll chime in soon.

Feedback Score
    Sorry, I knew I forgot something.

Ammo was Remington UMC.

And it wasn't limp-wristing. If it's that susceptible to it, then I've got no use for the gun.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR15thur View Post
    Sorry, I knew I forgot something.

Ammo was Remington UMC.

And it wasn't limp-wristing. If it's that susceptible to it, then I've got no use for the gun.
    UMC is the next closest ammo to that loaded to squib.
    Try a box of +P and see if it stops.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Don't know man. Someone with great expertise will jump in here soon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    UMC is the next closest ammo to that loaded to squib.
    Try a box of +P and see if it stops.
    I ran close to 150 rounds of it through the 17 this weekend with no problems whatsoever.

I did shoot some +p defensive ammo through it as well, and it ran fine, but I don't have a lot of faith in a gun that's picky about ammo. I've had M&P's and XD's that never hiccuped once on anything, reloads, UMC, WWB, whatever.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR15thur View Post
    I ran close to 150 rounds of it through the 17 this weekend with no problems whatsoever.

I did shoot some +p defensive ammo through it as well, and it ran fine, but I don't have a lot of faith in a gun that's picky about ammo. I've had M&P's and XD's that never hiccuped once on anything, reloads, UMC, WWB, whatever.
    Intersting I've seen every brand of gun choke on weak ammo, I guess our levels of experience are quite different.

Glocks are chambered in 9x19 (aka 9mm NATO) this is about what kind of pressure +P ammo. Remington UMC is about the weakest ammo available in 9mm. FWIW I've never seen it make minor power factor for USPSA out of a Glock 19.
    PF is measured by bullet weight times velocity divided by 1000.
    125 is minor, 165 is major.
    Meaning if your 115gr ammo isn't going at least 1100fps you're probably not making minimum (aka 'GAMER') power factor for velocity for competition. This should be a very BIG hint that it's really friggin' WEAK. This is a clue that nothing is wrong with the gun but that EVERYTHING is wrong with the ammo.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    I used UMC once and it barely flipped the brass out of my G19...had no stovepipes though.

Based on that experience, I don't care for it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    UMC 9mm is the single worst ammo available in my experience. It's the only type I've ever had jam in a Glock and I would sooner trade it for Wolf.

I would attribute your failures to the ammo entirely, and would bet a dollar that you won't have any issues with WWB, Wolf, S&B, etc.
    The Revolution will not be televised.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast