Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Condition 1 vs Condition 3 for Fight

ToddG Guest
    If a bunch of lawyers with no gun handling experience came on here and started telling people how to shoot, they'd get shouted down at warp speed. But when a bunch of gun guys with no legal training "teach" students about criminal exposure (a.k.a. "liability") issues related to self-defense, it makes more sense?

If the gear you used or the manner in which you were carrying it before a threat appeared has an impact on the decision of your guilt or innocence, you either (a) have the worst lawyer in the known universe or (b) were involved in an already questionable shooting. Most self-defense cases are very clear cut. An obviously justifiable use of lethal force doesn't get become manslaughter just because you were carrying DeathShok bullets or because you had a +2 magazine extension on your pistol.

Can you make things harder on yourself (read: more money paying your lawyer to handle more issues) by walking around town with a suppressed G18 rather than a j-frame? Yes. Will things drag on if you are known to walk around wearing a t-shirt that says "I can't wait to kill a minority!" if you shoot a minority during a mugging? Yes. Will any of these things matter in the end if the evidence clearly indicates you were justified in using lethal force at the moment you pulled the trigger? No.

(I am not your lawyer and this is not legal advice)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L. View Post
    First, I am not sure if by saying "you" you are referring to me personally, some of the readers, or people in general. If you are referring to me personally, I would remind you that you don't know me and have no idea who I am, what my life experience is, or what my training is. If you are referring to the readers of this board, I should point out that many of the posters here are better trained and more aware than average gun message board people. If you are talking about *some* people in general, then you definitely have a point.
    Ed,

Sorry I didn't get back to you on this sooner. When I sad "You" it wasn't directed at you but just people in general. I've put two and two together have a fairly good idea on your background and I respect that. This was not meant to offend you or any members on this forum. Yes, most members on this forum are more aware because we seek out information and come across this forum for information to learn or offer their experience and there are new members who may have limited knowledge and seek information here. There is the average person who acquire a firearm for whatever their reason(s) and who do not seek training to enhance their firearm skill. These are the people who have this false sense of security because they have CCW.
    Last edited by BT2012; 09-10-09 at 17:10.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789