Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is using a Raven Phantom to conceal Full Size M&P

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Who is using a Raven Phantom to conceal Full Size M&P

I see several Ravens Phantoms used for sale. I am wondering if guys are not happy with using them to conceal a larger gun like the fullSize M&P. I am currently using a Safari ALS 6377 -78 (belt & Paddle combo ) .

I love it for a range holster and have been considering buying a 6004 tactical shroud and attaching holster for class.

But 6378 doesn't cover up the best for concealed carry.

Are the ravens really the way to go. Thanks guys.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When it comes to belt holsters, plastic will never conform to the shape of your body like leather does and thus plastic belt holsters will never conceal as well as leather belt holsters.

Plastic holsters have their advantages. Molding to you is not one of them.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Raven

I've been carrying my M&P40/TLR off-duty in a Phantom for a couple of years now, mostly IWB, although sometimes in winter I'll put the OWB loops back on. It conceals well on me, and holds the pistol securely.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I use a Raven holster for on and offduty use for a MP40 w/ light. It works well; you just have to be careful to not crack the mounting hardware. If I'm not using the Raven, I'm using a Comp-Tac CTAC.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Raven makes a fantastic holster. I have one for my G19 and 228 and wear them all the time. They are super thin yet very sturdy. In the unlikely scenario that you have a problem, they have a great warranty. I like leather too and have a bunch of Milt Sparks holsters but when I want the absolute thinnest, lightest holster around, I wear a Raven.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Raven makes a fantastic holster. I have one for my G19 and 228 and wear them all the time. They are super thin yet very sturdy. In the unlikely scenario that you have a problem, they have a great warranty. I like leather too and have a bunch of Milt Sparks holsters but when I want the absolute thinnest, lightest holster around, I wear a Raven.
    I am looking for something that covers most of the slide without going to a thumb-break. I like leather also, but realize it's heavy by comparison to kydex. It also appears these Ravens ride rather high.
    Not t
    Does anyone have a picture of a w/o light Phantom being worn.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker53 View Post
    I am looking for something that covers most of the slide without going to a thumb-break. I like leather also, but realize it's heavy by comparison to kydex. It also appears these Ravens ride rather high.
    Not t
    Does anyone have a picture of a w/o light Phantom being worn.
    The Raven has a lot of mounting options. Swing over to their site and take a look if you haven't already. The IWB soft loops will make the gun ride higher than the IWB over-hooks.

I have a Raven for my M&P9 and Glock 22. My Raven IWB fullsize M&P9 conceals much better for me than my Glock 22. Changing the M&P fullsize mag baseplate to the compact baseplate helped with concealment. The heat and humidity is bad here in Houston so I wear a lot of T-shirts with an undershirt.

The Raven is curved and the Kydex is very thin. For wearing the holster IWB that is a plus. The holster gets support from the belt so it doesn't need to be that thick. The IWB over-hooks are another story. Had one break when I was taking off the holster. I had already ordered some leather loops from Comptac so that wasn't a problem.

Have a Raven holster on order and it is estimated at four weeks.
    Last edited by diverge; 08-27-09 at 23:20. Reason: Added text in blue.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by diverge View Post
    The Raven has a lot of mounting options. Swing over to their site and take a look if you haven't already. The IWB soft loops will make the gun ride higher than the IWB over-hooks.

I have a Raven for my M&P9 and Glock 22. My Raven IWB fullsize M&P9 conceals much better for me than my Glock 22. Changing the M&P fullsize mag baseplate to the compact baseplate helped with concealment. The heat and humidity is bad here in Houston so I wear a lot of T-shirts with an undershirt.

The Raven is curved and the Kydex is very thin. For wearing the holster IWB that is a plus. The holster gets support from the belt so it doesn't need to be that thick. The IWB over-hooks are another story. Had one break when I was taking off the holster. I had already ordered some leather loops from Comptac so that wasn't a problem.

Have a Raven holster on order and it is estimated at four weeks.
    Apparently off the subject a bit. I am interested in OWB only. I am wondering if the pancake wings hold the holster tighter yet. There seems to be quite a few people loving this for it's IWB capability. At this time and most likely never. Will I have an IWB holster in my collection. Should I be considering another holster than Ravens for OWB?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Sorry to confuse you. I read "Raven" and "conceal" in your first thread and my mind went straight to IWB.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker53 View Post
    I am wondering if the pancake wings hold the holster tighter yet.
    I wondered the same thing too. You know, just buy them both. If you, like me, end up not liking it you will find no shortage of buyers here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast