Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: J frame holsters for CCW?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWK View Post
    I'll add another recommendation for Mika pocket holsters. I tried many pocket holsters and liked none of them until I bought a Mika.
    Hmmm, I think I will have to call Robert. I've tried a couple of the more traditional, leather pocket holsters and all have been deficient in some way.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile53 View Post
    Somewhat surprised @ the post on the CTC grips. If my memory is correct, MY ears heard LAV say near Greenville TX, Jan 2008,
    " Every J-frame on the planet ought to have a set of CTCs ". Did I get this quote correct Wayne?
    I got this from this site and sent it in an email to myself along with some other advice from LAV and Pat Rogers.

The airweight J frame has a niche that is unlikely to be filled by any other pistol anytime soon - my bro Ken Hackathorn clued me into that a long time ago and as usual he was spot on

one thing about the J frame; IMO Crimson Trace lasergrips are mandatory - I would not think of using one without them - I have been quoted many times that every J frame on the planet should have them - and I believe that to this day

if you don't have them on yours I recommend you install them ASAP - anyone who has used them on a small frame revolver knows what I am talking about

be safe

LAV

The part where he says anyone that has used them knows what he is talking about is true too, I've seen the light (literally)

FWIW, concerning IWB for a J frame, my brother has a Don Hume that he seems to like very well. I'd like to try one myself but I usually use pocket or OWB with my J frames.
    Last edited by cathellsk; 09-03-09 at 00:10.
    "When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, We gave our today."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWK View Post
    I'll add another recommendation for Mika pocket holsters. I tried many pocket holsters and liked none of them until I bought a Mika.
    +1

I love my Mika pocket holster. I've been extremely satisfied with mine. Really comfortable, high quality, personally made for me, and breaks up the outline of the pistol very effectively. Priced really fairly too.

I would definitely buy again, you won't be disappointed.

GU

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    http://www.themalabarfront.com/produ...oducts_id=1567 hit the drop-down menu for your model

Feedback Score
    J W O’Rourke is a holster maker out of Alabama that makes the best IWB holster for the j frame. He is one of the nicest guys in the industry he dos lots of work for me and is a good friend.
    Joe Barnsfather
    SUPERIOR FIEARMS LLC.
    5510 Fern Valley RD. STE.102
    Louisville KY. 40228
    502-365-2244

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Edited
    Last edited by Mo_Zam_Beek; 09-03-09 at 11:01.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Cathellsk thx. for verifying what I recalled Larry saying to me & others @ our class.
    Didn't want to step on my crank & misquote him. Not long after that, I had a similair discussion
    w/ Pat @ a class in Brady re. to CTC's on J-frames.
    All my Js now have them + an XS trit. big dot. I do find that I really don't notice the laser dot,
    I still revert back to my front sight, old habits die hard.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile53 View Post
    I had a similair discussion
    w/ Pat @ a class in Brady re. to CTC's on J-frames.
    Your welcome.

Has Pat ever stated what J frame he uses? He mentions using a J frame as a backup to his 1911 but never specified what. Just wondering....
    "When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, We gave our today."

Feedback Score

pocket holster

Try here as well, Pocket Concealment Systems for J-frames.

http://www.lightningarms.com/products.htm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ROCKET20_GINSU View Post
    I love my Mika pocket holster. I've been extremely satisfied with mine. Really comfortable, high quality, personally made for me, and breaks up the outline of the pistol very effectively. Priced really fairly too.

I would definitely buy again, you won't be disappointed.
    I ordered one this past April.

His website says he's busy and there will be a wait... hopefully not too much longer.
    Last edited by DrMark; 09-05-09 at 08:32.
    GLOCK PREFECTION

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast