Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: J frame holsters for CCW?

Feedback Score
    Anyone ever used one of those belly-band things? How do they stack up? I was looking for something for summer carry when biking.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    Anyone ever used one of those belly-band things? How do they stack up? I was looking for something for summer carry when biking.
    I have used them but did not like them. Kramer and 5.11 make shirts with holsters or pockets built in. Your gun will be covered in sweat and require serious cleaning daily. Have you thought of a fanny pack holster. I have a small Galco, it does not scream GUN, the draw is quick and the gun is very secure. LaRue has a simillar looking holster for half the money. The gun will stay dry, protected and concealed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    I have used them but did not like them. Kramer and 5.11 make shirts with holsters or pockets built in. Your gun will be covered in sweat and require serious cleaning daily. Have you thought of a fanny pack holster. I have a small Galco, it does not scream GUN, the draw is quick and the gun is very secure. LaRue has a simillar looking holster for half the money. The gun will stay dry, protected and concealed.
    Not a bad idea; after this summer I've noticed some pretty significant rust forming on the thumbpiece of my 340PD; kinda scared to open it up and look inside.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I use one of these for my Scandium (340PD): Comp-Tac IWB holster
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    TSAC from Bullman Gun Leather in black rough-out with Alessi Talon Clip. Works great, carries well, gun is easily drawn and retention is solid. Just got it as an upgrade from an Uncle Mikes nylon/neoprene IWB.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Like the Kramer, Uncle Mikes & Galco rough out horse hide for pocket carry, like Jframe on the ankle as well in an Alessi, or Kramer. Don't care for revolvers IWB carry. Just doesn't work for us...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Carne Frio View Post
    This works better than the Loop:

http://www.baramihipgrip.com/

I use one all the time for my J frame.

Here's a slide show of how I set up my Hip Grip:

It's only an "arm's length" gun if you're incompetent.

Feedback Score
    I carry my model 642 or model 37 in a Andrews pocket holster. The cheap Uncle Mikes works fine and is smaller than the Andrews leather, (speed strip in other pocket). Renegade on the ankle from Adco.
    Last edited by hank556; 12-03-09 at 20:39.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've been using an old-style (square profile) DeSantis Cozy Partner for over twenty years. It works well enough that I've never felt the need to look for a replacement, and I tend to be a holster slut.

Feedback Score
    I tend to carry my S&W 642 with CT-405 laser grips one of four ways based on environment. Primarily it gets carried in a Cell/Pager pal rig for work. This gets me decent access to the gun and doesn't interfere with having my work shirt tucked in. Outside of work I pocket carry with a Robert Mika pocket holster, a Desantis Apache ankle rig, or a Galco Stow-N-Go AIWB. If I'm on the road for an extended period I like having the 642 in my right cargo pocket in a Densantis Nemisis. The square bottom of the Nemisis works better in a cargo pocket, but I need to get around to ordering a Mika with the square cut bottom for this application.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345