Thread: Which Manufacturer

Feedback Score

Which Manufacturer

I am preparing for my first builds and am having trouble deciding on which upper and lower receivers to choose. I was thinking Sun Devil, but cost is out the roof, so am looking ad Rock River and DPMS. Which do you think would be better?

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Of the 2 probably RRA but for the money you are better off with S&W

Feedback Score
    One other question for now. Does anyone have any experience with White Oak barrels?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkingrph View Post
    I am preparing for my first builds and am having trouble deciding on which upper and lower receivers to choose. I was thinking Sun Devil, but cost is out the roof, so am looking ad Rock River and DPMS. Which do you think would be better?
    I just did a build of a Tactical Innovations lower and BCM (Bravo Company Machine) upper and could not be more pleased. The Tactical Innovations sale right now is awesome.

For consideration:
    Knowledge base threads
    "Oh No! I bought a BM/RRA/Stag before I knew better!"

Honestly, there are probably "equal or better" than those you mention at somewhat less cost. Not to get all snooty, but if you spend time here you will not see either of the brands you mentioned come up much.

That said, if you really want a finished lower (receiver, parts and stock … all done right) and are not planning on building from a kit, a BCM complete lower from gandrtactical.com is def worth the coin.

I'd encourage a bit of time here before you jump in. The info here is solid unlike some 'other' places.