Thread: OTAL/ITAL

Feedback Score

OTAL/ITAL

what does eveyone think of Laser Devices OTAL and ITAL? I wouldnt mind getting one of them, pros/cons?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    i have an OTAL that i've had for 5 or 6 years that has always had problems with reliability, especially with the tape switch. the beam would sometimes be normal brightness, then go very dim, even with brand new batteries. it'd also happen in the middle of shooting.
    unscrewing the battery cap then screwing it back in helped sometimes. i also cleaned the contacts well.
    i sent it back to LDI and they said it was a problem with the power module, so they replaced it. since it was more than a year old (or two), and out of warranty, it cost me almost $100 to get it fixed, which i was pissed about.
    even after that, it still has some problems with the tape switch, but those cost $100 each to replace.
    it'd also be nicer if they changed to an insight technology-type pressure switch - i think those are more durable.
    so, my personal experience with that particular product has not been good. YMMV.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    i have an OTAL that i've had for 5 or 6 years that has always had problems with reliability, especially with the tape switch. the beam would sometimes be normal brightness, then go very dim, even with brand new batteries. it'd also happen in the middle of shooting.
    unscrewing the battery cap then screwing it back in helped sometimes. i also cleaned the contacts well.
    i sent it back to LDI and they said it was a problem with the power module, so they replaced it. since it was more than a year old (or two), and out of warranty, it cost me almost $100 to get it fixed, which i was pissed about.
    even after that, it still has some problems with the tape switch, but those cost $100 each to replace.
    it'd also be nicer if they changed to an insight technology-type pressure switch - i think those are more durable.
    so, my personal experience with that particular product has not been good. YMMV.

that sucks! I cant believe no one is posting there thoughts!? I figured there would be a few people who have used these lasers.

Feedback Score
    Too pricey right now.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Crack View Post
    that sucks! I cant believe no one is posting there thoughts!? I figured there would be a few people who have used these lasers.
    I had similar problems as MM with LDI's lasers.
    Last edited by baffle Stack; 08-12-12 at 22:34.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've had an OTAL for about a year now, and haven't had any problems. I don't do a lot of shooting though.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Crack View Post
    what does eveyone think of Laser Devices OTAL and ITAL? I wouldnt mind getting one of them, pros/cons?

I have been running an OTAL for years and think they are excellent. The only thing I didn't like were my mount options. So I now order the OTAL or ITAL's with NO mounts and then install the LaRue Tactical #17S mount. The kicker is that this package is CHEAPER than buying one with the ARMS mount!

C4