Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Status of Strider Knives?

Feedback Score
    Airborne Mac!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s
    ...I buy products, not the person, and don't really care about any of the drama behind the scenes...
    The older I get, the more it really matters to me where the products I buy come from, who made them, and what they stand for. I choose to support those that design and manufacture the good gear. I choose not to subsidize those who would copy others designs and market them as their own. I choose not to subsidize those who would do harm to others families by using the errornet to spread lies about them and by dragging up old debts that have been paid. I choose to support those that are patriots and supporters of noble causes, not those whose focus is so skewed by envy that they invest all of their energy into spreading untruths.

The Internet is a very powerful thing. It can be used for good (spreading the truth) or evil (spreading untruths). It is used 24/7 for both. Many are blind to the truth for whatever reason and will never see it. In my constant quest for the truth I am very careful regarding who I trust. Nyeti, DocGKR, and Pat Rogers are three guys at the very top of my list when it comes to experts about gear that works (or not) and those that make it. If those three guys say that Mick Strider is a guy I can trust, despite the fact that he (like me) has made mistakes in his past, then that's good enough for me. I've never met Mick, or Duane Dwyer, or Kevin McClung, but the Internet and the SMEs that I trust have given me some insight into which are men of integrity. Likewise, I have never met the owners of Cold Steal or Maxpudition, but because of their involvement in all of this, and because those I trust have been vocal about them, I have formed an opinion of them.

The world is really very small. We are all here in this life only a short time. I believe that what I do in relation to others matters; it matters in the way it affects others, and it matters in the example I set for my family and those I have influence over. I choose to vote at the polls and vote with my wallet.

Oh, and if Osama bin Laden ever breaks into my home while I'm dressed up role playing, I'll be prepared with good gear made by the good guys.

ETA: I guess Doc actually stated that he doesn't know Mick Strider personally, so I could only take his word for his impression on Duane Dwyer. I still find Doc's advise on gear to be right on almost without fail.
    Aubrey<><

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey
    Likewise, I have never met the owners of Cold Steal or Maxpudition, but because of their involvement in all of this, and because those I trust have been vocal about them, I have formed an opinion of them.
    the problem with the 'errornet', as we're referring to it, is that words stay for a long time - long after the original parties have come to understandings and moved on. i believe that this is the case with maxpedition - whose owner was dragged into the mess because of his friendship/association with mad dog.
    nyeti and i talked about this face to face a couple of months ago, and i also provided him with information that mick and tim had settled any misunderstandings a long time ago and had both moved on without ill feelings. unfortunately, since this private matter was not discussed publicly, the fight perpetuates without them. if mick said that he had no issues with tim, i'd have to believe he meant what he said at that time.
    this needs to be buried once and for all - and all the misunderstanding and ill will that surrounds it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat_Rogers
    I have many acquaintences and fewer friends. Mick and Duane are friends.
    I don't imagine a value like that comes easy. It works for me.

It wasn't my intention to ruffle any feathers, or, frankly, to hit so close to home. Sometimes being a scotch neat type doesn't go over.

Thanks all for taking the time out of your days to shoot this down [again].

-T

Feedback Score
    The problem arises when folks like Lynn Thompson, Kevin McClung, and Lance Harris want to revisit it regularly. This of course drags Maxpedition and TAG right back in. Its always funny how the character assasination on both Mick and Strider as a whole has blown back in the face of those who started it, and then of course they want to make things all better with Mick.

Mick is one of the most easy going guys I know (till you trip the switch). He is very low profile, and really wants no bad blood with anyone. He is also very humble in the show environment, and is always complimentary towards other folks work. Many of the feces throwers could take a lesson.
    "Cpl ##### is condescending and abrassive towards coworks who don't follow directions" my favorite evaluation quote........if I'm like that at work, you should see me on the internet .

"Even if I order you to trim your mustache, you're going to totally ignore me, huh".-another favorite supervisor "discussion".

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    nyeti - brother, i agree with you what you said - i'm just tired of seeing mud-slinging, misunderstandings or animosity perpetuate further than it should. about anyone. or politics and private matters take over technical/manufacturer discussions.
    the result is always the same, never positive, and results in polarizing people.
    :sigh:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti
    The problem arises when folks like Lynn Thompson, Kevin McClung, and Lance Harris want to revisit it regularly. This of course drags Maxpedition and TAG right back in. Its always funny how the character assasination on both Mick and Strider as a whole has blown back in the face of those who started it, and then of course they want to make things all better with Mick.

Mick is one of the most easy going guys I know (till you trip the switch). He is very low profile, and really wants no bad blood with anyone. He is also very humble in the show environment, and is always complimentary towards other folks work. Many of the feces throwers could take a lesson.
    Ahh, the clarity! You have always had the ability to cut directly to the chase...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac679
    I

Now my only issue with Strider knives, loose one and you'll find one way a man can go into post partum depression.

Ain't that the truth, lost one a couple years back, so the knife ended costing me twice its list price.

Pat, good article on the 777 and the Excalibur.

Feedback Score
    ???What article?/ I only write for SWAT, and don't remember writing anything titled like that.
    Latest article was about sub guns..

Feedback Score
    Just how many errornet forums is this converation going to be hashed out on?

There is some theory that every internet discussion will eventually include Sex, deffication, Nazies and now the Stider/CS/TAG/Maxipad war.
    Life is too short to deal with Blonde women, or carbine barrels over 10.5 inches

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast