Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Status of Strider Knives?

Feedback Score
    You are killing me!!!!!
    The best part about it is that the Strider guys continue to show a steady increase no matter what, which must make some grit their chompers...

Feedback Score
    Here is a Strider I bought used and dull, and thanks to an "expert" ended up with a badly mis-sharpened blade.
    Sent it to Strider with a $20 stuffed in the package and expected a phone call or email saying it'll be $250 to mount a new blade. Instead got this in return via FedEx.

Thanks Strider guys for your service, past, present, and future, and god bless you and your families.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    deleted
    Last edited by baffle Stack; 02-01-15 at 16:35.

Feedback Score
    Pat
    There is a guy writing for Special Weapons, with the name Pat Rodgers also than. He wrote an article about the M777 LW 155 Howitzer and the new Excalibur round.

Overall a good article, only 1 error in it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    [QUOTE=Cybin]Ok let me get this straight. The info on TF is false Why is TF making him out to be such a douche? Is it some kind of insider thing? I did notice that the original poster's (Mad Dog) title says something about making knives. Does this guy hold a grudge because strider is the LaRue of the knife world?.../QUOTE]

Tactical Forums is Mad Dog's (Kevin McClung, AKA Kevin McKlung) site. Mick Strider has publicly posted more than once that Mr. McClung makes a good knife. Unfortunately, it seems, Mad Dog seems to have issues with Strider.

If you'll search TF, you'll see that many industry professionals used to post there but no longer participate. Clue?
    Aubrey<><

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    What knife company does this mad dog jackass run, Id like to make sure I avoid his wares.

Posting that kind of crap is just poor sense and poorer business practice.
    Dont sweat the small stuff.

If youre not taking fire, its all small stuff.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I remember a few years back when Chris Osmond came to my BRC Class (2-03) and explained to us why we should buy all the Blackhawk gear in his store.
    He told us we shouldn't buy gear from SOE (John Willis' company) because he was charging too much for cordura nylon that costs $3.00 per square yard. His argument was, "you can buy gear made in Viet Nam or buy gear made in the USA by Vietnamese people, but no matter what you are buying gear sewn with a Japanese sewing machine"...before said that stuff I really liked him.
    Now his store only sells his "made in USA TAG gear".

I am not going to sit around and talk questionable trash- that is only one of the reasons I won't buy from TAG- people should make their own decisions.

I do want to say "Chris Osmond, your shit stinks too", and ever since you said those things(and a few other things) I have not spent one Cent on TAG.
    ...And Chris, Strider makes a way better knife than MercWorx...no matter what you say.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by STLRN
    There is a guy writing for Special Weapons, with the name Pat Rodgers also than.
    Pat Rogers (of EAG Tactical & this thread) has "Patrick A. Rogers" on every article of his that I've seen. Also, note that there is no d in Rogers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt_Overide
    What knife company does this mad dog jackass run... [?]
    ...that would be the appropriately-named Mad Dog Knives.
    GLOCK PREFECTION

Feedback Score
    This has been overly hashed out elsewhere, and I have initially tried to avoid the issue here (like a bad rash, it keeps coming back).

Mick really wants this all to go away. He has rebuked all the accusations at another forum, including posting his DD214. He has been vetted by the Ranger association. He was convicted of a felony (and there is more to the story)-did every minute of his sentance without ratting all his pals out and has been an exemplary citiizen ever since. He freely states he screwed up and took his lumps without blaming anyone else. He has built a great company, makes a 100% USA made product that is directed towards the sucess of our troops at war, and is well respected and liked by many in the special operations, L/E, and military community.

Now look at the fecal throwers. A common thread binds them all. Never put their hand on a Bible and swore allegiance to our country and constitution, and they regret it. All seem to be "knife fighters and martial artists" yet again-never served in military or L/E. They are all very jealous of Striders success that came from hard work, constant product improvement based on input from warriors. Rather than build a better mousetrap, its easier to make their fragile egos better with feces than their own hard work. Keep in mind tht this all grew out of a single personal dispute between two guys who were friends, to a way for the "never haves" to take a pot shot at Strider who has been building a huge following in a community that they used to dominate. I think the Strider/LaRue analogy is right on the money.

I have watched the Strider guys pretty much shrug this whole thing off after they dealt with it when it first surfaced. They just keep building great tools and getting NSN's. Their competitiors are the ones who are living for trying to destroy Strider by regurgitating this crap as it drives their lives...................I guess some folks need a life.
    "Cpl ##### is condescending and abrassive towards coworks who don't follow directions" my favorite evaluation quote........if I'm like that at work, you should see me on the internet .

"Even if I order you to trim your mustache, you're going to totally ignore me, huh".-another favorite supervisor "discussion".

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What other knife company would give you a free knife if you had proof you killed someone with one of theirs? Only the one that supports the troops the most
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast