Thread: Streamlight Super Tac?

Feedback Score

Streamlight Super Tac?

I've seen these things available in catologs for a little while, but I got to look at one at my local scheels and it got me interested. It seems to have an ok lumen rating(135 lumens if you beleive streamlight), but it has a fairly wide and deep reflector which should mean that it should shine a decent distance. Not great for HD mind you, but I think it might be good for a critter light on one of my rifles. I just thought I'd see if anyone here has had any experince with the Super Tac and what they thought of it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Interested in this too.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    I have one and I love it. I have the Streamline aluminum VFG and it is mounted to that! Seems bright enough!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've got one as well. It's very bright, and has what I would consider to be a very long through for an LED based light. The bulky reflector makes it a little harder to mount on a rifle, but it's doable. Larue has rings for their mounts that will fit it now, my buddy had one in an LT offset for a while before going back to a Polytac LED. It would definitely be great on a critter rifle for shooting varmints at night out to a long distance. Battery life has been pretty good for me as well.

Another option to check out might be the new Polytac LED HP that has a larger reflector and longer through. I haven't had the chance to compare directly to the SuperTac, but it'll be cheaper/lighter and fit in more mounts (should work in a VTAC mount).
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I've got one as well. It's very bright, and has what I would consider to be a very long through for an LED based light. The bulky reflector makes it a little harder to mount on a rifle, but it's doable. Larue has rings for their mounts that will fit it now, my buddy had one in an LT offset for a while before going back to a Polytac LED. It would definitely be great on a critter rifle for shooting varmints at night out to a long distance. Battery life has been pretty good for me as well.

Another option to check out might be the new Polytac LED HP that has a larger reflector and longer through. I haven't had the chance to compare directly to the SuperTac, but it'll be cheaper/lighter and fit in more mounts (should work in a VTAC mount).
    What mount from LaRue fits it??? If i wanna mount is serperately from the Vert Grip

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by michschi View Post
    What mount from LaRue fits it??? If i wanna mount is serperately from the Vert Grip
    Any of their mounts, just order it with the .915" ring option.