Thread: Easy way to zero your rifle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Is zeroing a little low at 25 yards that difficult to begin with? Wouldn't any gridded target work, just hold on the center and get your POI where you want it (count squares) based on what your absolute zero need is?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Is zeroing a little low at 25 yards that difficult to begin with? Wouldn't any gridded target work, just hold on the center and get your POI where you want it (count squares) based on what your absolute zero need is?
    Rob,

That target was designed for LE personnel when zeroing their patrol rifles. While the majority of the guys I work with "Get it" during the zeroing portion of the training, theres always a few who dont at first. Every little bit of assistance helps with those few, and these targets definately help simplify the process.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I support any method that gets people to understand that POA/POI at 25 is not an acceptable method of expedient zeroing.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I support any method that gets people to understand that POA/POI at 25 is not an acceptable method of expedient zeroing.
    Exactly. I would think people could understand holdover and used a gridded target, but if they get it this way, they are still getting it and that is all that matters.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Hate to admit it, but it took me a little while to think this through and understand. finally got it, but kept wondering - if its hitting low at 25, wouldn't it hit even lower at 100? Very cool - Thanks for the heads up - I'll be printing it.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ruddyhair View Post
    Hate to admit it, but it took me a little while to think this through and understand. finally got it, but kept wondering - if its hitting low at 25, wouldn't it hit even lower at 100? Very cool - Thanks for the heads up - I'll be printing it.
    Negative, the bullet is still going up at 50 yards. See the image below:

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    gotcha - thanks