Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy way to zero your rifle

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Easy way to zero your rifle

Print this target. Aim for the bottom of the triangle at 25 yards. Group your shots in the circle for a 100 yard zero.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86...5MeterZero.jpg

I have found this to be very useful.
    Last edited by signal4l; 08-31-09 at 20:49. Reason: link

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Interesting and definitely thanks. My buddy had one somewhat similar the last time I zero'd my rifle. It had a black square with a thin white X crossing through it. Below a inch or so was a small black dot about the size of a nickle maybe. Basically you aimed right at the center of the white X crossing in the black square and the POI should be in the dot below. We then went back and verified it from 50 and was dead on (didn't have a chance to verify at 200). If anybody knows where to find a printout of that target it would be much appreciated.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    That looks like a knock-off mod of the Helwink/Chudwin 25yd sight-in/100rd Zero Target:
    http://www.lawofficer.com/Images/100...m22-158738.pdf
    Last edited by nickdrak; 08-31-09 at 23:38.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Defenitely one of the Chudwiun versions. I actually prefer the one you posted.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Is zeroing a little low at 25 yards that difficult to begin with? Wouldn't any gridded target work, just hold on the center and get your POI where you want it (count squares) based on what your absolute zero need is?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Is zeroing a little low at 25 yards that difficult to begin with? Wouldn't any gridded target work, just hold on the center and get your POI where you want it (count squares) based on what your absolute zero need is?
    Rob,

That target was designed for LE personnel when zeroing their patrol rifles. While the majority of the guys I work with "Get it" during the zeroing portion of the training, theres always a few who dont at first. Every little bit of assistance helps with those few, and these targets definately help simplify the process.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I support any method that gets people to understand that POA/POI at 25 is not an acceptable method of expedient zeroing.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdrak View Post
    That looks like a knock-off mod of the Helwink/Chudwin 25yd sight-in/100rd Zero Target:
    http://www.lawofficer.com/Images/100...m22-158738.pdf
    I want to make sure I have this straight.

Looking at the link you provided.

I aim at the bottom of the triangle type thing from 25yds and the bullet impact is in the center of the small circle for a 100yd zero, the top of the small circle for a 50yd zero and the bottom of the triangle type thing for a 25yd zero.

I would then go out to whatever distance zero i chose(in my case 50yd) and i should confirm my zero.
    Im pretty sure im right.
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenhyde View Post
    I want to make sure I have this straight.

Looking at the link you provided.

I aim at the bottom of the triangle type thing from 25yds and the bullet impact is in the center of the small circle for a 100yd zero, the top of the small circle for a 50yd zero and the bottom of the triangle type thing for a 25yd zero.

I would then go out to whatever distance zero i chose(in my case 50yd) and i should confirm my zero.
    Im pretty sure im right.
    Thanks.
    Correct

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    There's a Blackwater target very similar to that as well. I used to have a PDF of it. I think it looked like a reduced "E" with a small white block just below COM. You aimed COM and put the rounds in the white block and it was BZO for 100M.
    Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast