Thread: Thinking of condensing my pistol collection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thinking of condensing my pistol collection

Need some opinions here. I don't consider myself a collector. My guns are ones I'll be using, not just taking up space in the safe. So I'm considering condensing down what I have.

My "go to" handguns are Glock 19s and Smith J frames. I've been tossing up the idea of getting another G26 (had several in the past) and I have a M&P .45 when I feel the need to go "big".

I've considered selling/trading off the others, all DA/SA. They just sit around and go the range occasionally. I'd never consider carrying them anymore.

How many of you have done something similar and did you regret it any?
    Thanks for your thoughts.
    "When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, We gave our today."

Feedback Score
    I did something similar towards the end of last year and the beginning of this year. I ditched the striker fired weapons (Glocks and M&Ps) and went all DA/SA with my Sigs and HKs. Do I regret the decision, no. It is better to focus on one trigger platform in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    It is better to focus on one trigger platform in my opinion.
    My thought too. I'm also wanting to keep my calibers to 9mm, .38Spl., and the occasional .45ACP.
    "When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, We gave our today."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Whatcha got for sale?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Right now, a G23 that a coworker is supposed to be buying, a 228R (not sure on this one yet, kinda like having one USGI representative), and a S&W 4506-1.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cathellsk View Post
    Right now, a G23 that a coworker is supposed to be buying, a 228R (not sure on this one yet, kinda like having one USGI representative), and a S&W 4506-1.
    No offense meant, but if that is the list, then yes sell them.

M_P