Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Happened to the New Surefire Weaponlights

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

What Happened to the New Surefire Weaponlights

Maybe I've missed something, but wasn't SF going to release IR/LED versions of their Weaponlights?

I've not seen or heard peep on these, and that info was release a very good while ago? Anyone got the dirt on this?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Cool

Just a guess but maybe because Surefire will not sell IR items to the public ?

Feedback Score
    Surefire takes time to actually release items. Some items they announced at SHOT 2008 are only coming out now (like the X400). So it might be a while before it gets released.

As far as Surefires IR policy, they don't sell their IR lasers to civilians, but almost everything else is available on the civilian market.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The 9volt LED conversion for M5xx, M9xx, and M96x, and M97x was announced two years ago. The aluminum Titan was 2 years ago as well (only recently released). The announced and highly anticipated U2A and UB2 were announced last year, but no mention this year. These are only a few among the many announcements and late/no show.

SF is funny like that. Their catalog for each year for "new" products is more like an idea catalog.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Deleted
    Last edited by wake.joe; 09-24-09 at 19:05.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wake.joe View Post
    Any idea WHY companies won't sell certain things to civilians?
    IIRC, IR lasers with constant on are illegal for us lowly civilians. It must be momentary only. I guess SF doesn't want to deal with the hassle.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLandlord View Post
    Maybe I've missed something, but wasn't SF going to release IR/LED versions of their Weaponlights?

I've not seen or heard peep on these, and that info was release a very good while ago? Anyone got the dirt on this?
    I'm pretty sure there is not going to be any IR LEDs anytime soon. Just doesn't work out too well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Surefire released the U2A a while back - it's just a U2 with a Seoul LED. I think you mean the UA2 and UB2 (Optimus/Invictus), which were shown at SHOT and dangled in front of us... and then put on hold (apparently). On the other hand, the Vampire is already out.

http://www.surefire.com/V2Vampire-V2-BK

The corresponding weaponlight, M952V, is coming soon.

http://www.surefire.com/M952V-Millen...salWeaponLight

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    The M952V is actually the light I'm interested in.

I got their catalogue way back at the beginning of the year. It's "available soon" on their website, so hopefully that is a positive sign.

I've been dying to get my hands on one of these.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLandlord View Post
    The M952V is actually the light I'm interested in.

I got their catalogue way back at the beginning of the year. It's "available soon" on their website, so hopefully that is a positive sign.

I've been dying to get my hands on one of these.
    It's really such an important product for Surefire - most of their customer demographic that were incan holdouts were so because they needed to be able to filter IR - you can't do that with a white LED. These new heads and lights will finally give those customers that need a durable light freedom from dependency on a hair thin piece of gooey glowing hot tungsten.

Personally, the one light I'm waiting for the most is the M3LT - an LED version of the M3 with turbohead, and a TIR reflector. Holy throw, batman!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast