Thread: Anyone have a Century Galil?

Feedback Score

Anyone have a Century Galil?

I want one in the worst way. I know that Century is not overall the greatest rep, but I have heard they have improved and recently got a decent FAL from them. This is for a collector item only, but I want a good shooter. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Before I recomend a course of action, may I ask How many $$$ are in your Galil budget???

B
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    Check out UZI talk they have a Galil forum http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77

Century Arms tend to be hit or miss. Some thing about Alcoholic monkeys

Feedback Score
    double post
    Last edited by kursk; 09-19-09 at 10:00.

Feedback Score
    Typical Hit or miss with century. I have a Century Galil that is a good shooter.

On the other hand, I bought a century C93 rifle, a clone of the HK 33, that was very poor quality. Sent it back and got a refund.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Looks like you had a double-feed with your Dell, too.

M_P

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kursk View Post
    Typical Hit or miss with century. I have a Century Galil that is a good shooter.

On the other hand, I bought a century C93 rifle, a clone of the HK 33, that was very poor quality. Sent it back and got a refund.
    I too had a Century Cetme clone that was in horrible condition, I never shot it and got a refund. But my Century FAL is nice, aside from the cheap furniture that I replaced.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had one. It was a pretty good rifle. It would not feed from steel mags, only orlites. It was very accurate. I refinished mine with Duracoat to mimic the Israeli rifles. They changed receivers several months ago to a cast receiver. Galils are much more expensive than ARs to accessorize.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are the Galil rifles Atlantic has for sale the Century builds? I suspect yes but I just wanted to be sure.

ETA: I must admit to having a crush on the Galil since I saw Tom Sizemore using one in Heat. The "ARM" configuration is my personal favorite.
    Last edited by decodeddiesel; 09-24-09 at 17:36.