Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New pics of Robarm XCR Micro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    So basically the rail issue is not going to be addressed in the near future (if at all). This is the primary problem with the gun and should have been addressed first.

Making a 7" XCR should not have been a priority.
    Wellll, with the PDW there is less rail, so you should be proportionately happier
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    So basically the rail issue is not going to be addressed in the near future (if at all). This is the primary problem with the gun and should have been addressed first.
    XCR owners will tell you that IN PRACTICE the rail design has not been an issue for them. It might be keeping a few souls from purchasing, but it's never been a problem for those who own them. Weird huh?

The stock hinge mechanism is very robust and well made. I'm not sure why it's being presented as a "problem". It locks up solidly, releases easily and is adjustable if you dont like the way it is acting. What more could you want?

I've only owned an XCR for about 4 years now, and have thousands of rounds thru the system (including LOTS of wolf). NONE of the things presented here have been an issue for me in that time.

The XCR has been under constant review for improvements. I think it speaks volumes that Alex has put aside ego, and is able to continue to make improvements to the system. I doubt you'd find that sort of dedication or flexibility in companies like HK, FN, Colt or other big manufacturers and other designs.

RA has always been very responsive to customer input, and a few very active shooters like VB have taken your input and helped steer the XCR project into what may become the best fighting rifle system ever made.
    Last edited by Jack-O; 09-17-09 at 11:28.
    My capacity for self deception is exceeded only by yours.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O View Post
    XCR owners will tell you that IN PRACTICE the rail design has not been an issue for them. It might be keeping a few souls from purchasing, but it's never been a problem for those who own them. Weird huh?

Bullshit.

The rail is not compatible with KAC, Larue, or ADM equipment if not more brands. The centering studs on these attachments is not supported by the style of rail used on the XCR.

The gun is also not compatible with KAC panels. They just slip off. Not a problem, right?
    Last edited by scottryan; 09-17-09 at 13:17.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I doubt you'd find that sort of dedication or flexibility in companies like HK, FN, Colt or other big manufacturers and other designs.

Those companies don't have stuff screwed up from the get go.

Feedback Score
    Bullshit.

The rail is not compatible with KAC, Larue, or ADM equipment if not more brands. The centering studs on these attachments is not supported by the style of rail used on the XCR.

The gun is also not compatible with KAC panels. They just slip off. Not a problem, right?

Never tried KAC or ADM, but larue works just fine.

Feedback Score
    Those companies don't have stuff screwed up from the get go.
    LOL!!

I doubt you really believe that these manufacturers have never made any improvements after introduction. Hell, the AR platform has taken Colt 40 years to get to where it is today!! Sig has made several changes to the 556 platform, albiet grudgingly. HK 416 mags took the first hand launching of a grenade by a rep to have them install a rubber stopper in the floorplate, and only recently have they installed a stiffer spring. The FS2000, has had complaints of a weak charging handle, but the best you'll get out of them is a new handle. The magpul ACR is so messed up that they cant seem to even bring it to market. Numerous piston AR designs are failures waiting to happen, and can barely match the reliability of a standard well made DI AR. The SCAR has it's own issues with it's knuckle grater charging handle and retarded prices and availability and wait times that are exceeding 1 year.

I'm not saying that Robinson is the best thing going and they have no issues, but if you look at them in a fair light compared to other "advanced" designs, they have been out longer, have a lower price, better factory service, more responsive to customer demands, and show the best combination of features and reliability potential of any rifle out there on the market today.

BUT, if you want to throw the whole thing out because they dont offer a full spec picatinny rail as standard, then be my guest. BUUT I'll bet you good money that if you called the factory and asked for Terra or Alex and requested a proper picatinny rail on your rifle they'd do one up for you.

Try it!!

Feedback Score
    Bullshit.

KAC VFG. True

KAC Panels. True (Lump the SCAR and ACR in there too while you are at it)

ADM Mounts. FALSE. I have an ADM Mount on my XCR and it works perfect

Larue Mounts. FALSE. I have two Larue Mounts. Both do exactly what they are supposed to

No need to feed inaccurate information.

Try and find ten XCR owners to back up any claim about incompatibility with ADM and Larue mounts. You'll be looking the rest of your life because it isn't true.

This is a baseless claim with zero evidence or testimonials from actual XCR OWNERS to back it up.
    Last edited by variablebinary; 09-17-09 at 20:08.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post

ADM Mounts. FALSE. I have an ADM Mount on my XCR and it works perfect

Larue Mounts. FALSE. I have two Larue Mounts. Both do exactly what they are supposed to

No need to feed inaccurate information.

Try and find ten XCR owners to back up any claim about incompatibility with ADM and Larue mounts. You'll be looking the rest of your life because it isn't true.

This is a baseless claim with zero evidence or testimonials from actual XCR OWNERS to back it up.

Nope.

That is because most XCR owners don't care or don't know any better or don't know how things are really suppose to work on a technical level.

Larue and ADM have small centering studs that interact with the center of an in-spec picatinny rail so the locking cross bar doesn't take all the load.

If a picatinny rail is used like on the XCR these mounts are not being used as designed and not fully supported.

I'm well aware the mount will go on the XCR rail and lock and can be used. That doesn't mean it is completely correct or as good as it is suppose to be.
    Last edited by scottryan; 09-17-09 at 23:49.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    LOL!!

I doubt you really believe that these manufacturers have never made any improvements after introduction. Hell, the AR platform has taken Colt 40 years to get to where it is today!! Sig has made several changes to the 556 platform, albiet grudgingly. HK 416 mags took the first hand launching of a grenade by a rep to have them install a rubber stopper in the floorplate, and only recently have they installed a stiffer spring. The FS2000, has had complaints of a weak charging handle, but the best you'll get out of them is a new handle. The magpul ACR is so messed up that they cant seem to even bring it to market. Numerous piston AR designs are failures waiting to happen, and can barely match the reliability of a standard well made DI AR. The SCAR has it's own issues with it's knuckle grater charging handle and retarded prices and availability and wait times that are exceeding 1 year.
    How much experiece to do you have with a HK416, SCAR, and Masada?

The SIG556 is a piece of trash.

BUT, if you want to throw the whole thing out because they dont offer a full spec picatinny rail as standard, then be my guest. BUUT I'll bet you good money that if you called the factory and asked for Terra or Alex and requested a proper picatinny rail on your rifle they'd do one up for you.

The XCR has significant underdevelopment issues.

The rail, the stock locking mech, the barrel locking bolt, the bolt catch (although fixed) where problems that should have been fixed when the rifle was released.
    Last edited by scottryan; 09-17-09 at 23:39.

Feedback Score
    Nope.

That is because most XCR owners don't care or don't know any better or don't know how things are really suppose to work on a technical level.

Larue and ADM have small centering studs that interact with the center of an in-spec picatinny rail so the locking cross bar doesn't take all the load.

If a picatinny rail is used like on the XCR these mounts are not being used as designed and not fully supported.

I'm well aware the mount will go on the XCR rail and lock and can be used. That doesn't mean it is completely correct or as good as it is suppose to be.
    Everything you just wrote is B.S. unless you can show someone, anyone, anywhere that had a Larue Mount fail on an XCR.

You're literally conjuring up something not backed by a single shred of evidence.

You have zero experience mounting any devices to the XCR, if you did you would know the "centering studs" on Larue mounts engage both sides of the XCR's rail canal, making it impossible to slide Larue Mounts without breaking the mount or ripping off the XCR's rails.

This is outright falsehood that anyone who actually has a Larue Mount and an XCR could tell you

This is some half baked theory you have that will not be supported by anything in the real world.
    Last edited by variablebinary; 09-18-09 at 00:21.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast