Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New pics of Robarm XCR Micro

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Would be nice if they offered a better stock design with a hinge and locking mechanism similar to that of the Swiss Arms 55x/HK G36/UMP/FN SCAR-type design.

Overall, I like it and think this will make the XCR a very appealing option.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Would be nice if they offered a better stock design with a hinge and locking mechanism similar to that of the Swiss Arms 55x/HK G36/UMP/FN SCAR-type design.

Overall, I like it and think this will make the XCR a very appealing option.
    We are working on a new stock design which we hope to have available before the new year.

It will feature a locking mechanism, adjustable length of pull, and an adjustable cheek piece.

It's nothing like competing designs, and gives the XCR a completely new aesthetic and level of functionally we think current and future prospective customers will respond positively to.

We have a prototype of the new stock on an XCR Micro sitting in the engineer's office, and it is certainly eye catching kit.
    Robinson Armament
    Sales@Robarm.com
    (801) 355-0401

Feedback Score
    AESIR,

Sir- The stock sounds really interesting. I'm more Special Ed. than Special Op., but I worry that such a stock might be too complicated? I know the SCAR/ACR stocks have that kind of functionality, but the folding SIG stock on the Classic 556 rifles do too. It seems that in the Sigs case, a regular swing stock with clean lines is preferred over the adustable LOP model. I have not handled a XCR (Yet ) but I really like the simple lines of the current stock. I would hope that the current stock design could be updated with the hinge design and have that offered along side the Uber Stock.

Is the barrel attachment method be re-evaluated also?

Thanks
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AESIR View Post
    We are working on a new stock design which we hope to have available before the new year.

It will feature a locking mechanism, adjustable length of pull, and an adjustable cheek piece.

It's nothing like competing designs, and gives the XCR a completely new aesthetic and level of functionally we think current and future prospective customers will respond positively to.

We have a prototype of the new stock on an XCR Micro sitting in the engineer's office, and it is certainly eye catching kit.

What about removing the center slots down the picatinny rails?
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Is it just me, or is that soldier wearing a ROTC patch?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    AESIR,

but I worry that such a stock might be too complicated?

Is the barrel attachment method be re-evaluated also?
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    The new stock design is not complicated at all. It's actually quite simple, easy to adjust and very robust. Durability will not be lost for the sake of additional adjustment points

As for the other questions, we appreciate the feedback. Please keep an eye on our website for updates on future developments.
    Robinson Armament
    Sales@Robarm.com
    (801) 355-0401

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    YES! Please provide in-spec Pic rails on the XCR.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    A couple of quick Micro pics, and a PDW pic.

Terra posted a pic of this on another forum, and I had to swing by and get a quick shot on my lunch break
    Last edited by variablebinary; 09-17-09 at 05:24.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AESIR View Post
    As for the other questions, we appreciate the feedback. Please keep an eye on our website for updates on future developments.

So basically the rail issue is not going to be addressed in the near future (if at all). This is the primary problem with the gun and should have been addressed first.

Making a 7" XCR should not have been a priority.
    Last edited by scottryan; 09-17-09 at 09:33.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So basically the rail issue is not going to be addressed in the near future (if at all). This is the primary problem with the gun and should have been addressed first.

Making a 7" XCR should not have been a priority.
    I have to agree here. I see a 7" 5.56 AR as not much more than a toy, and much like the slot down the center of the rails it would appear to indicate a set of priorities that I find disconcerting, although revealing.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast