Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 29 to 35 of 65

Thread: New pics of Robarm XCR Micro

  1. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Free State of Nebraska
    Posts
    4,283
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AESIR View Post
    As for the other questions, we appreciate the feedback. Please keep an eye on our website for updates on future developments.


    So basically the rail issue is not going to be addressed in the near future (if at all). This is the primary problem with the gun and should have been addressed first.

    Making a 7" XCR should not have been a priority.
    Last edited by scottryan; 09-17-09 at 10:33.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

  2. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    SE FL
    Posts
    14,228
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    So basically the rail issue is not going to be addressed in the near future (if at all). This is the primary problem with the gun and should have been addressed first.

    Making a 7" XCR should not have been a priority.
    I have to agree here. I see a 7" 5.56 AR as not much more than a toy, and much like the slot down the center of the rails it would appear to indicate a set of priorities that I find disconcerting, although revealing.

  3. #31
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,601
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    So basically the rail issue is not going to be addressed in the near future (if at all). This is the primary problem with the gun and should have been addressed first.

    Making a 7" XCR should not have been a priority.
    Wellll, with the PDW there is less rail, so you should be proportionately happier
    Needs more flamethrower, though. -- Fjallhrafn

    We guard our money with well armed men and our children with "gun free zone" signs. That's the priorities of the damned.- WillBrink

    If Obama had a city......it would look just like Detroit. -Jaxman7

  4. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Montucky
    Posts
    602
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    So basically the rail issue is not going to be addressed in the near future (if at all). This is the primary problem with the gun and should have been addressed first.
    XCR owners will tell you that IN PRACTICE the rail design has not been an issue for them. It might be keeping a few souls from purchasing, but it's never been a problem for those who own them. Weird huh?

    The stock hinge mechanism is very robust and well made. I'm not sure why it's being presented as a "problem". It locks up solidly, releases easily and is adjustable if you dont like the way it is acting. What more could you want?

    I've only owned an XCR for about 4 years now, and have thousands of rounds thru the system (including LOTS of wolf). NONE of the things presented here have been an issue for me in that time.


    The XCR has been under constant review for improvements. I think it speaks volumes that Alex has put aside ego, and is able to continue to make improvements to the system. I doubt you'd find that sort of dedication or flexibility in companies like HK, FN, Colt or other big manufacturers and other designs.

    RA has always been very responsive to customer input, and a few very active shooters like VB have taken your input and helped steer the XCR project into what may become the best fighting rifle system ever made.
    Last edited by Jack-O; 09-17-09 at 12:28.
    My capacity for self deception is exceeded only by yours.

  5. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Free State of Nebraska
    Posts
    4,283
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O View Post
    XCR owners will tell you that IN PRACTICE the rail design has not been an issue for them. It might be keeping a few souls from purchasing, but it's never been a problem for those who own them. Weird huh?

    Bullshit.

    The rail is not compatible with KAC, Larue, or ADM equipment if not more brands. The centering studs on these attachments is not supported by the style of rail used on the XCR.

    The gun is also not compatible with KAC panels. They just slip off. Not a problem, right?
    Last edited by scottryan; 09-17-09 at 14:17.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

  6. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Free State of Nebraska
    Posts
    4,283
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O View Post

    I doubt you'd find that sort of dedication or flexibility in companies like HK, FN, Colt or other big manufacturers and other designs.

    Those companies don't have stuff screwed up from the get go.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

  7. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Montucky
    Posts
    602
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Bullshit.

    The rail is not compatible with KAC, Larue, or ADM equipment if not more brands. The centering studs on these attachments is not supported by the style of rail used on the XCR.

    The gun is also not compatible with KAC panels. They just slip off. Not a problem, right?

    Never tried KAC or ADM, but larue works just fine.
    My capacity for self deception is exceeded only by yours.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •