Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: New pics of Robarm XCR Micro

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    Everything you just wrote is B.S. unless you can show someone, anyone, anywhere that had a Larue Mount fail on an XCR.

You're literally conjuring up something not backed by a single shred of evidence.

You have zero experience mounting any devices to the XCR, if you did you would know the "centering studs" on Larue mounts engage both sides of the XCR's rail canal, making it impossible to slide Larue Mounts without breaking the mount or ripping off the XCR's rails.

This is outright falsehood that anyone who actually has a Larue Mount and an XCR could tell you

This is some half baked theory you have that will not be supported by anything in the real world.

The studs are not fully supported as they would be if the rail did not have a center slot because the length of the studs are not the full width of the rail. Why do you think ADM, Larue, etc put the studs there in the first place?

Are you really on the XCR kool aid this much you can't admit this simple fact?

I don't defend Colt for making the 6940 incompatible with KAC panels.

You are so proud to share with us the 7" XCR. I would be pissed if Colt released such a loser novelty of a weapon.

Get off the ****ing XCR kool aid.
    Last edited by scottryan; 09-18-09 at 00:44.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    The studs are not fully supported as they would be if the rail did not have a center slot because the length of the studs are not the full width of the rail. Why do you think ADM, Larue, etc put the studs there in the first place?

Are you really on the XCR kool aid this much you can't admit this simple fact?

I don't defend Colt for making the 6940 incompatible with KAC panels.

You are so proud to share with us the 7" XCR. I would be pissed if Colt released such a novelty of a weapon.

Get off the ****ing kool aid.
    You still don't have a single instance of anyone anywhere having an issue with Larue/ADM on the XCR. You made it up. There is no problem with incompatibility

KAC rail panels, slide, sure. I've seen it first hand in my home with my XCR and my KAC panels.

When have you seen Larue/ADM mounts fail on an XCR anywhere. You haven't, so stop making up elaborate fantasies.

Either the mounts work, or they dont. Show me even a handful of XCR owners that will say they don't. Till then, everyone needs to know you're making crap up. You can rant and rave to your heart's content, you're still wrong.
    Last edited by variablebinary; 09-18-09 at 00:52.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    You still don't have a single instance of anyone anywhere having an issue with Larue/ADM on the XCR. You made it up. There is no problem with incompatibility

KAC rail panels, slide, sure. I've seen it first hand in my home with my XCR and my KAC panels.

When have you seen Larue/ADM mounts fail on an XCR anywhere. You haven't, so stop making up elaborate fantasies.

Either the mounts work, or they dont. Show me even a handful of XCR owners that will say they don't. Till then, everyone needs to know you're making crap up.

Why do they put the studs on the mounts?
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score

Why do they put the studs on the mounts?
    Whatever purpose you think they serve, they engage the rail to a degree that you would have to destroy the rail or the mount to achieve lateral or forward backward movement prior to being secured by the throw lever.

There is no problem, no matter how many times you curse, type in large font or whatever, and no one with an XCR is going to back up your scenario where Larue ADM mounts dont work on the XCR.

Show me anyone that will say their mounts failed due to the rail design. Anyone. Just one person. If you cant, you cant

You can call it kool-aid if you like, but my position is still backed by hundreds of XCR owners using Larue mounts happily. When you can get a Larue or ADM off my XCR without destroying either, you'll have more credibility

As for kool-aid, I've been accused of being a Glock, LWRC, Colt, Eotech, ACR and XCR kool-aid drinker in the past couple of months. Get a ticket and get in line, because it's not like I haven't heard it before.
    Last edited by variablebinary; 09-18-09 at 01:10.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    Is the stud engagement part of the Mil-spec, or is just a consequence of the mil-spec dimensions?

Be interesting to take some rails and some attachments and test their breaking point.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    I've had an Aimpoint Comp M4 and 3X magnifier mounted on my XCR for 1.5 years - both with Larue mounts. I've never had a problem with several thousand rounds fired. Having said that, this is now a range gun and I've never put it thru a class or run it thru the mud.

Feedback Score
    Bullshit.

The rail is not compatible with KAC, Larue, or ADM equipment if not more brands. The centering studs on these attachments is not supported by the style of rail used on the XCR.
    "Why don't you try being informed......Instead of just being opinionated?" (That's a joke).

Seriously though, I have LaRue and GG&G mounts (as well as an ADM) that I have mounted on both of my XCRs. There's been no problems with regard to holding zero (or anything else) with any of the mounts .....

Yes, in the past I also thought that at least the very top rail where optics get mounted should be a full Picatinny rail.....but after using it more, the XCR's rail is fine as it is. The little block on some mounts still engages the rail "teeth" for lack of a better word on the XCR rail so it's a non issue.

I don't run KAC parts so I couldn't tell you about the KAC panel or KAC VFG thing....but I've heard you're right. If that's the case....there are any number of other mfgs. of panels and VFGs that do work....I know b/c I have (or had them in the case of panels) them on my XCR.

JFYI.....

Sean
    Last edited by Sean King; 09-18-09 at 08:58.

Feedback Score
    I've gotta know what the complaint is with the stock folding mechanism. Frankly I could see why someone would not like the rails because they just had to have a KAC mount, but the folding mech?!?! that thing is bomb proof IME.

seriously Scott, if you want an XCR with a full width rail on it, just ask for it when you buy the gun, and you could get it. Otherwise you are clearly someone who wants to badmouth a system without ever having tried it, in which case STFU.

Oh, and I love the 3rd grade attempts to discredit actual first hand user reports from heavily active shooters as "kool aid" Remember that it's only bad to drink kool aid if it has poison in it.

SR
    dude, your gun is weak
    VB
    I dont think so, it's worked really well for me
    SR
    yeah, well, you have poopy pants
    VB
    No i dont, here look
    jack
    dude, look his pants are clean
    SR
    I'm not looking, i can tell from here he has poopy pants
    VB
    Bro, seriously smell my finger. It's poop free
    SR
    There is no ****in way I'm smelling your finger. you are a koolaid drinking pants poo'er, and i hate you
    jack
    umm, yeah man, i'm not smelling your finger either, but it's clear you haven't poo'ed you pants and your gun is delicious kool aid
    My capacity for self deception is exceeded only by yours.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Get this thread back on track.

Feedback Score
    I would be pissed if Colt released such a loser novelty of a weapon.
    Funny, they did. We called it the E1M16. I really did put fellow Marine bodies in body bags and MedEvac'd out other Marines because of that "Loser Novelty" weapon Colt foisted on the US military. I don't recommend a fire fight with the NVA and you holding a single shot, fully automatic plastic rifle that don't work. I believe it was possible one of the earliest of the extreme sports. I do know it was a killer.

And PLEASE! it wasn't just the powder in the cartridges, that just exacerbated a very poorly executed and designed POS that some one had the temerity to call a rifle. Another reason the Air Force should select the rifle for the the Army or Marine infantry.

That was back in 1967.

Col. Culver tells the story much better than I can. He has a lot more facts than I do. I was not in the Col's outfit, but our experiences were similar and we were there about the same time both in the 3rd Marine Division:

Part I
    http://www.jouster.com/articles30m1/index.html

Part II
    http://www.jouster.com/articles30m1/M16part2.html

But that is only if you can get off the Colt kool Aide long enough to allow some facts to get in. This story isn't opinion, or fantasy, this is history. It really happened, and I was one of the folks there while it was happening.

My XCR works just fine. All my equipment is attached by Larue mounts. I have one of the very early models serial number 5XX about 4 years old now. But you know all that, don't you. After all you know and understand the technology.

As to the Colt guns, I see where that weapon is still getting troops killed and captured in Iraq. Of course you can always spout the OFFICIAL line of crap, The Army desperately trying to justify keeping a weak design and cartridge in the troops hands. Heck even when the tried to FIX the first "sand" test their rifle lost. Not as bad as the second test that folks were now looking for them to cheat, so they had to play it square. But I understand you love the kool aide.

I guess it's those little machined in little blocks that make all the difference. At least to you.

A little advice from ole LtCol Jeff Cooper:

"Do not be preoccupied with inconsequential increments."
    Sheesh, talk about a loss of preportion.

Go figure.

Fred
    Semper Fi * * * Stupid Should Hurt

“To lead untrained men in to war, is to waste them.” - Confucious

“We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality” - Ayn Rand

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast