Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: New pics of Robarm XCR Micro

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramrod View Post
    Yeah, how does a soldier get a selectfire?
    You are kidding, right?
    Last edited by El Mac; 09-23-09 at 13:45.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Mac View Post
    You are kidding, right?

The soldier doesn't own the weapon. He can't take it with him off duty. The XCR is not a us military weapon.

The question of how he got it is valid.
    Last edited by scottryan; 09-23-09 at 15:05.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Dano5326 Guest
    Whatever said military member is doing certainly isn't relevant to a discussion on technical merits of a weapon system.

And, one can never know what is a USG weapon. Different units and agencies have single examples of, or hundreds of EVERY weapon type ever produced.. for operational, familiarization, and schoolhouse use.

And, one is never really off duty in the mil. There are no time cards, one is subject 24/7 to command direction...

So... it could be a USG weapon. Could be a dealer sample.. He could be a SOT.. who cares.

The downward spiral of this thread isn't doing anyone any favors. Why don't aggravated parties take it to a PM.. or meet up and see how it sorts.

The chest beating retard festival polluting this site isn't welcome.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    If a mother****er doesn't clean his weapon that is not the fault of the weapon. I can't teall you how many times I have heard people blame their weapon for a malfunction and then you find out they didn't do the proper maintenance or a host of other things.

And for the record you will not find ONE SINGLE WEAPON system that will continue to run without maintenance, to include the vaunted AK47.

I am not drinking Colt Kool-Aid and I am not claiming it is the best, but it is a good platform and works when everyone does their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Chieftain View Post
    Army 507th maintenance company. Was the story that got the widest coverage. Of course their weapons didn't work because they were dirty. The Brass have been accusing the troops of their rifles/carbines jamming since their first week in combat in 1967. NOTHING new here.

I could go on. We simply need a more robust and reliable rifle. 40 years of the Same Old Shit.

I presume you believe the M4's have never failed at the moment of truth. I don't believe that. The sad fact is we often will never know if the troopers rifle jammed or the Haji got the drop on him, will we?

We need to get a more reliable system in our troops hands, as soon as possible.

What ever we choose, it needs a more robust bolt, extractor, and more effective caliber, and be piston driven, to primarily keep the heat away from the critical functioning parts of the weapon.

Not all piston weapons solve all those problems. I don't believe a Piston AR rifle/carbine is the answer. It retains to many of the other weak componants. We need a new design, there are several to choose from right now. Of course a new design would work. The Israeli Tavor looks pretty good, or something of that ilk. I am not crazy about Bullpup designs, but it does seem to be the future.

I do think we need to keep the AR family's concept of ergonomics and of a component rifle.

One more time.

To piss off folks that don't want to like the rifle and can't find any better reason to not like it. They work, Some folks think it is an important issue because, well just because. I guess what you think is important and what I think is important is a lot different. I would suggest you Call, Email or go to the XCR forum and ask. Seems to be very important to you.

Careful you don't slip into "hysteria". Seems to be a lot of that flying around here. Or at least folks accusing other folks of it.

Simply amazing.

Go figure.

Fred

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I think this thread has run its course.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567