Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rail-mounted white light for G17

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 87GN View Post
    X300 is a great pistol light, it resides on my G34 at night.
    The rusty G34?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yeah, that one.

Going to blast/refinish it today or tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Im still amazed by that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The X300 is the standard. The TLR-1 is decent. However, I prefer the Procyon to the TLR-1.

The Procyon has been through a few changes since NCPatrolAR's initial experience with them. They now come with milled aluminum lock bars which are MUCH more secure. Insight will provide them free of charge if you have Procyons with the older plastic lock bars. The Procyon also have some of the most holster options available. They will fit in holsters designed for the M3 which means that you can even get the excellent Safariland holsters that will work with or without the light!

I have really come to like my Procyons since the addition of the updated lock bars. However, the X300 is still king.
    Last edited by matthewdanger; 09-07-09 at 17:00.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    With the X300 being soooo good, it's hard to consider others.

Streamlight/Insight M3, M6 need not apply.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewdanger View Post
    The Procyon has been through a few changes since NCPatrolAR's initial experience with them. They now come with milled aluminum lock bars which are MUCH more secure. Insight will provide them free of charge if you have Procyons with the older plastic lock bars.
    They sent my partner an updated locking bar several weeks ago after his light flew off during training and flew apart. I'm fortunate in that mine light is only loose on the gun and hasnt taken flight. I do wish they would rework the controls on it, but I seriously doubt that will happen.

Feedback Score
    The overwhelming majority has suggested the Surefire X300. It seems $250 is the going price on these units. I see that Grant is out of them. Any other reputable firms that might stock them? Thanks to everyone for chiming in!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sometimes you can find them used, one went for $150 on TOS EE a while back.

Also you might find the X200 used for a song. Still a viable weaponlight. Not as effective outdoors as the X300. But still good indoors.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    They sent my partner an updated locking bar several weeks ago after his light flew off during training and flew apart. I'm fortunate in that mine light is only loose on the gun and hasnt taken flight. I do wish they would rework the controls on it, but I seriously doubt that will happen.
    That stinks! I will continue to keep a close eye on mine. Your issues with the Procyon have always given me second thoughts about mine. Is there any chance that the adjustable rail wasn't tightened properly?

One thing I did was tighten the adjustable rails differently than the manual prescribes. Instead of putting it on the rail and tightening it to fit the individual rails on my Glocks, I basically tightened the rail as much as I could while it was off the Glock. That way it is an EXTREMELY tight fit. Thankfully, I haven't had a single issue with the new lock bars through about 1200 rounds on my G35 (stays on the G21 well too but I don't have as many rounds on the G21).

It is awful hard to recommend the Procyon with your continued issues!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewdanger View Post
    That stinks! I will continue to keep a close eye on mine. Your issues with the Procyon have always given me second thoughts about mine. Is there any chance that the adjustable rail wasn't tightened properly?

One thing I did was tighten the adjustable rails differently than the manual prescribes. Instead of putting it on the rail and tightening it to fit the individual rails on my Glocks, I basically tightened the rail as much as I could while it was off the Glock. That way it is an EXTREMELY tight fit. Thankfully, I haven't had a single issue with the new lock bars through about 1200 rounds on my G35 (stays on the G21 well too but I don't have as many rounds on the G21).

It is awful hard to recommend the Procyon with your continued issues!

We have tried tightening the rails various ways with the same results. When we first got them, several guys broke rails trying to eliminate the play we were encountering.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast