Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rail-mounted white light for G17

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by uwe1 View Post
    I'm a newbie with weaponlights, but I've read into it a lot. I currently have a TLR1, mounted at 12 o'clock in front of the FSB of a DDM4, I got for about $90. With the X300 priced at above $200, can I get a little clarification about what advantages the X300 has over the TLR1? I'm pretty happy with the brightness and throw of the TLR1, but I would like some member opinions and feedback on why the X300 is a better choice in their opinion. I plan on purchasing another set of lights, for my Glock17 and MP9 Pro, and wondered if there were considerations when using the TLR1 or X300.
    If you go into the Lights/Laser/Knife area, you'll find there's a X300 vs TLR1.

Basically, most people feel the X300 has better activation controls/accessories (remote switches) and a more solid mount.

The TLR while good, some just don't like the levers or how it mounts (with the screw) but feel for the price they understand why people purchase it.
    It is not length of life, but depth of life. - Emerson
    My boy Ducks fav quote - RIP brother

Feedback Score
    I've used the X300, owned an M3X, and currently use a Procyon on my G34.

I too had the problem of the Procyon moving on the rail (almost coming off). I had the wrong locking bar in it. I switched locking bars and added some tension to the leaf spring by bending it up. Over 1000 rounds later and no problems. I would not discount the Procyon for this reason any more as it seems to have been fixed.

I really prefer the switch on the Procyon to the X300. The X300's "push forward to activate" temporary switch is a real pain. It is too close to my thumb so I have to adopt an unnatural grip to hit it and it causes pain during recoil. The Procyon's "push down to activate" temporary switch is much better, for me, as I can maintain the same thumb position and there is no discomfort at all firing. A little known fact is that you can adjust the tension on the switches of the procyon with a small allen wrench.

I also like the fact that the Procyon will fit the M3 holsters, so there is no problem finding one (unlike the M3X).

I have a buddy who bought an X300 on my recommendation before I bought the Procyon and he is mad at me because he spent more money. He too prefers the Procyon's switch.

Obviously others' mileage has varied, but I'd recommend the procyon.

Feedback Score
    For my G19, I'm waiting for Glock to switch to LED in their light. It's GOT to be soon, right??

Last edited by Mr. Happy; 09-20-09 at 17:35.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had an X300 and was happy to be rid of it. The switches were so stiff that I couldn't work it one handed. I also didn't like the greenish yellow tint of the LED.

I have been much happier since switching to the Procyon. The floodier beam is better for building searches, and I prefer the cooler tint. And most important, the switches are easy to use. And unlike the Streamlight TLR-1, the switches operate the same on both sides of the light.

The only reason I would get a X300 is if you absolutely needed to have a pressure switch and were willing to spend the ridiculous amount of money the switch would cost. Not to mention how overpriced the light itself is.

I'm sorry, but I don't think the X300 is worth the $100+ extra dollars when it isn't even brighter than the competition.

I have been using the Procyon for over a year now on the job and haven't had any problems, unlike the X300.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234