Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Best" Ambi Safety?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

"Best" Ambi Safety?

Besides me not being able to find one in stock, I have a question has to who makes the "Best" Ambi Safety for the M-4/M-16 and civilain variations.

I currently have a Rock River on a Carbine that has a great smooth positive feel. However, the worrier part of me doesn't like the set screw inside the reciever. Rock River Standard Trigger Group.

My original "test mule" DMR has a DPMS ambi safety on it. Much rougher feel and not as positive as the Rock River. Rock River Match Trigger Group.

Right now the only part I'm missing on my current DMR build is a Ambi Safety. Stag, BCM or Armalite all seem to be a option, or LMT. My concern with the LMT is the Rainier website describes them has being longer for billet recievers, vs. my Noveske lower, with Geissele SSA (Semi).

I searched the old threads and didn't seem to get a best answer, just the whys and the availibles. I'm cross dom and shoot left handed. I operated the safety with the base knuckle of my firing hand for 20+ years of Infantry life. I now prefer a ambi safety. Thanks.
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    I have only used the LMT ambi safeties, so I have nothing to compare them to, but I like them very much. The first one I got was included with a LMT lower, I never experimented further; I have them on all my carbines now.

I have a Noveske with a Geissele SSA and LMT Ambi safety, and it fits perfectly.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I am using 2 DPMS's, and just scored a Stag. Only place I could find one was Stag. They all seem about the same to me, they work, do what I what them to do. I don't know who makes them, whether inhouse or not.

The one I bought years ago from Bushmaster was not to my liking, it worked, but the install required putting this tiny roll pin in, not pleasant.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DMR View Post
    Besides me not being able to find one in stock, I have a question has to who makes the "Best" Ambi Safety for the M-4/M-16 and civilain variations.

I currently have a Rock River on a Carbine that has a great smooth positive feel. However, the worrier part of me doesn't like the set screw inside the reciever. Rock River Standard Trigger Group.

My original "test mule" DMR has a DPMS ambi safety on it. Much rougher feel and not as positive as the Rock River. Rock River Match Trigger Group.

Right now the only part I'm missing on my current DMR build is a Ambi Safety. Stag, BCM or Armalite all seem to be a option, or LMT. My concern with the LMT is the Rainier website describes them has being longer for billet recievers, vs. my Noveske lower, with Geissele SSA (Semi).

I searched the old threads and didn't seem to get a best answer, just the whys and the availibles. I'm cross dom and shoot left handed. I operated the safety with the base knuckle of my firing hand for 20+ years of Infantry life. I now prefer a ambi safety. Thanks.
    The RRA should hold up fine if you use blue loctite on the set screw.
    Last edited by Kilo 1-1; 09-08-09 at 19:27.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What about this?
    http://www.stagarms.com/product_info...roducts_id=320

No screws to come loose.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Fish View Post
    What about this?

No screws to come loose.
    Hum, I hadn't seen those. It's a thought, but I think I'm going to stick with a ambi.
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    I put a RRA Ambi-Star on my 1st AR (a RRA Entry Tactical - "fixed" thanks to this forum). I have now installed a couple more and like the positive feel of the action. At first I was concerned by the internal screw, but after a little Blue all has been fine.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    i've had the lever break - never had a screw come loose. loctite is your friend.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    i'm a fan of the RR ambi selector, and the set screw doesnt bug me. its just not a high-stress, or even moderate stress part- that screw aint coming out if you blast it with some brake cleaner or gun scrubber, let dry, and loctite. even that's probably overkill, but thats how i roll.

i prefer the internal screw to the exterior LMT style- i cant actually remember why, unfortunately.. but i once had a really good reason. so now i buy me LMT lowers with standard selector and pop RRA selectors in 'em.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Fish View Post
    What about this?

No screws to come loose.
    Similar to this, I've read that the new Colt 6920 & 6940 have selectors that are reversible for lefties, they must have a set of detent holes on each side.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast