Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warren rear sight rusting

North of the border between the US and Miami
    Feedback Score

Warren rear sight rusting

Hey guys, I run Warren's on both my Glocks and recently we have had a bunch of rain and I noticed my rears are starting to rust right at the base. What can I do to fix/stop this from happening.

Thanks
    SNY

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretNY View Post
    Hey guys, I run Warren's on both my Glocks and recently we have had a bunch of rain and I noticed my rears are starting to rust right at the base. What can I do to fix/stop this from happening.

Thanks
    SNY
    Uh...gun oil?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I knock the rust off with a toothbrush then coat the surface with oil. I've been dealing with the rust issue and Warren sights for a few years now.

Feedback Score
    probably my only complaint about warren sights are the fact that they rust easily, I clean them often and keep them coated with some CLP
    ACADEMI Firearms, Tactics and Driving Instructor
    VA Arms Co FFL/SOT part-time armorer
    certified HK/BUSHMASTER armorer
    “There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

North of the border between the US and Miami
    Feedback Score
    First time I had to deal with this issue. Thanks for the replies.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A little Militec 1 applied and hit with a heat gun does an even better job of preventing rust than normal gun oil. That's the one nice thing about the factory Glock night sights; they are tennifer coated so they don't rust like the aftermarket sights can.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I think Todd mentioned that they were doing something different on the newer ones to address this issue. Both of my Warren rears have rusted too.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Eezox is the best protectant I've used.

ToddG Guest
    • Eezox, as Lil'L said, has often been proven to be the best rust preventative.
    • Earlier Warren sights had finish issues from time to time. Eezox is probably the best solution. If it really bothers you, contact the manufacturer.
    • For a while now, they've been using a different company to provide the finish and I've not heard any problems with the improved version.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I just had a set installed on a G17 two weeks ago. The rear sight is indeed rusting on the base.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast