View Poll Results: which plastic wonder?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glock 19

69 49.64%
  • M&P 9

26 18.71%
  • M&P 40

9 6.47%
  • M&P 45

21 15.11%
  • Glock 21 SF

14 10.07%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reconsidering next handgun purchase...

Feedback Score

Reconsidering next handgun purchase...

I was strongly considering purchasing another 1911 but, i've sort of changed my mind about that. I dont have any combat tupperware and am considering purchasing one now... strongly.

I'm considering either a glock or a M&P. I already have a Beretta 92FS 9mm and the 1911 thats me and my dads project gun. I'm considering one of the above in either 9mm, .40, or .45.

The gun would be a by the bed gun/SHTF gun so id doesnt have to be concealable, although that would be just fine.

My dad has a M&P 40 full size, so im gonna go buy a couple boxes of ammo and put a few hundred rds through that gun to see if i like it or not.

I've held both the glock 21 sf, m&p 45, g19 and I like the way they all point/feel.

I'm not worried about the cost of ammo (within reason) my local wally world always has 9mm/40/45 in stock and the cost difference isnt that huge.

If i go with a 40, its going to be an m&p, if i go with a .45 or a 9, its a toss up between the m&p and the glock.

Is the .45 that much better of a gun that you all would consider going with it over the 9mm? what about the .45? is 9mm more then enough gun for defensive purposes or would .40 be a considerably more effective cartridge? what about .45?

What im looking for is the most effective cartridge for self defense. the one most effective at putting a "bad guy" on the ground, fast; when my life or my families is at stake, and keeping him there till the coroner arrives.

what im set on the most right now is the M&P 40 and 45 (45a)

now lets here some ideas....

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    if it was me, it would be between the g19 or the m&p45. eventually I would go home with the g19 due to battle-proven reliability. guess thats why I have one.
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sadmin View Post
    if it was me, it would be between the g19 or the m&p45. eventually I would go home with the g19 due to battle-proven reliability. guess thats why I have one.
    the g19 has always been on my want list, i almost bought a g19 instead of my 92fs. I went with the 92fs because for my first handgun, i wanted it to be a steel framed gun with a soul.

The only, and i mean the ONLY reason the g19 wasnt on the super serious consideration list was because I somehow feel that because i already have a 9mm, i should for some reason get either a .40 or a .45. thats it, thats the only reason.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I don't see an option to vote for mastering the current handgun before spending money/time on a new one. Particularly one with a completely different FCG.

M_P

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_pirate View Post
    I don't see an option to vote for mastering the current handgun before spending money/time on a new one. Particularly one with a completely different FCG.

M_P
    ive had the gun for quite some time, i dont have trouble hitting what im aiming at... at all. the question wasnt have i mastered my current gun or not. i've been shooting handguns (9mm mostly) on a regular basis since i was 15. Im 20 now. I've had my Beretta for almost a year, before the beretta it was my dads 226. lets stay on topic....
    Last edited by Mr.Goodtimes; 09-11-09 at 09:21.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I would either get the M&P in 9mm or the G19. If you decide on the G-Lock, I would wait for the GEN 5 model coming out shortly.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I would either get the M&P in 9mm or the G19. If you decide on the G-Lock, I would wait for the GEN 5 model coming out shortly.

C4
    Gen 5? holy cow, that sounds sweet! ill be purchasing around decemberish before i DEP out so hopefully it will be out by then. whats special about it?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Goodtimes View Post
    Gen 5? holy cow, that sounds sweet! ill be purchasing around decemberish before i DEP out so hopefully it will be out by then. whats special about it?
    I don't think they are showing it off until Shot Show.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I don't think they are showing it off until Shot Show.

C4
    bummer. do you know anything about it that you can share? will it have the ugly fish gills? funky grip stipling on the frame etc....?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My vote was for the MP9. I picked 9mm because even though you said there wasn't a significant price difference between 9, .40, and .45 if you want to be proficient you need to practice and to practice you need to shoot a lot. Over several years it will add up. With a good quality JHP I think 9mm will do just fine to protect yourself and family.

I picked MP, just because I personally like the feel of it better and like the flexibility of the backstraps. You will find plenty of support for both and plenty of aftermarket accessories if you want add/change anything.

Shopping for new guns is fun!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast