View Poll Results: which plastic wonder?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glock 19

69 49.64%
  • M&P 9

26 18.71%
  • M&P 40

9 6.47%
  • M&P 45

21 15.11%
  • Glock 21 SF

14 10.07%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reconsidering next handgun purchase...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Jw, MP,

I'm with ya, 100%, but I didn't want to get my peepee spanked for not "staying on topic"

Bob
    " Some people say..any tactic that works is a good tactic,...I say, anything can work once" former ABQ swat Sgt.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You just can't win can you Mr. Goodtimes!?!

First you ask what 1911 you should buy and get talked out of that then you are starting to get the feeling that your decision to buy another gun may be out of line.

It is good advice to stick with what you have but I made a change early on in my shooting life and found it to be a good one.

Recently I decided to try the M&P40 for several reasons but I don't think you could go wrong with any of the other calibers it is available in. It shoots soft and is very accurate with my reloads something I have not been able to do in the past with the Glock platform.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    The M&P's seem like fine guns. For the money, I'd go with the Glock. Proven, indestructible, a huge aftermarket and arguably one of the most reliable semi-auto pistols available today.

I voted for the G19 since I have one. How popular are they? Look here.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_pirate View Post
    I don't see an option to vote for mastering the current handgun before spending money/time on a new one. Particularly one with a completely different FCG.

M_P
    If you master one handgun you should be able to master any other in short order. Otherwise your fundamentals sucked to begin with.

And what's with the FCG fetish? Are you really that inflexible? Or is it just dogmatic?
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 09-11-09 at 17:54.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I picked the M&P 9. I don't have one, I carry a 19, which I love, but I tried one out a couple weeks ago and I loved it. Unfortunately, I'm 11 9mm Glocks in, so a change to the M&P isn't really worth it economically.

Oh yeah, and I'm all for training, you can always get better.
    "It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner."

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    Im with Rider. Have enough Glocks but would like a MP9(since I dont have one yet). I am of smaller stature so a good grip to get my hands around, especially with replacable backstraps. Hence, 95% of my pistol shooting is 9mm and I reload so that caliber suits me just fine.
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Feedback Score
    Glock 19.
    Last edited by TRD; 09-12-09 at 10:00.

Feedback Score
    I would go with the M&P 9 or the glock 19 although if you would like a .45, the M&P 45 would not be a bad option either. I would stay away from the .40 caliber options just because except for adding a third type of round that you need to buy ammo for, it doesn't do anything that a 9mm or .45 can't do.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    If you master one handgun you should be able to master any other in short order. Otherwise your fundamentals sucked to begin with.

And what's with the FCG fetish? Are you really that inflexible? Or is it just dogmatic?
    Yes, I am inflexible, dogmatic and clearly my fundamentals suck.

M_P

Feedback Score
    Any of the M&P cals will do. I own them all but the .357Sigs. M&P9 for you, since you are used to shooting the 9mm, but I voted M&P40 since I enjoy shooting it the most.

Another vote for training. Your skill set will transfer to other handguns out there, whether they are good or suck. I know the temptation is over whelming to get a new firearm...(I feel your pain). The best firearm or custom job, won't get it done, if your skills are lacking. I have noticed you flip flop a lot on choices from handguns to ARs and Uppers. My goal my entire life with firearms, was to not just get familiar with it, but to master it. Work on your skill set and you will be better for it, when handling any firearm.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast