Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 21SF's slide is slippery, Any solutions? Glock hating comments, not welcomed

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Glock 21SF's slide is slippery, Any solutions? Glock hating comments, not welcomed

I just picked up my 2nd G21SF last month and the slide is almost eflon like slippery. I love the gun but hate the finish. is this normal for new glocks?

I've wiped it down, time and time again. It is just too damn slippery and I don't feel confident that I could manipulate the slide in adverse weather. Short of having it refinished or taking sand paper to it, what can I do to make it easier to handle? As always, thanks for your help.

Please keep the Glock hating comments out of this thread.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd probably try grip tape.
    Last edited by MisterWilson; 09-13-09 at 00:09.
    The Revolution will not be televised.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Can you post a picture of it?

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    Can you post a picture of it?
    Not possible at this time.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I know Glock recently changed the finish they use on their slides...is it a solid black finish or a more of a gray looking finish?

A cheap and easy solution to slippery parts of firearms is skateboard tape. With judicious application of skateboard tape (like thin strips inside the recesses of the slide serrations or on the high parts of the slide serrations) you won't have any more problem with grip.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    I know Glock recently changed the finish they use on their slides...is it a solid black finish or a more of a gray looking finish?

A cheap and easy solution to slippery parts of firearms is skateboard tape. With judicious application of skateboard tape (like thin strips inside the recesses of the slide serrations or on the high parts of the slide serrations) you won't have any more problem with grip.
    Its a solid black, I've read up on it quite a bit and they changed the finish a few years ago. I need to find a company that will Parkerize it. I think that will be my only remedy.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It roughs up in time with handling. If you don't want to wait, take the slide off and give it a light sanding with fine grit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Grip tape cut for the slide serrations.

Feedback Score
    I agree with those who've suggested using skate board tape.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I started by using skateboard tape it works well but I changed to 3m tread tape they sell at home depot it stays on alot better and works great I just put it on the inside of the gun and that way clothes dont catch on it and it stays on much better than the board tape.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast