Thread: New Holster For My Taurus PT-1911 AR

Feedback Score

New Holster For My Taurus PT-1911 AR

As I am sure anyone who has a non standard 1911 knows, finding a holster can be difficult at best. Having one with a accesory rail as a part of the frame is darn near impossible. Yes there are the thigh position tactical holsters made by some very well known manufacturers in that industry, but for the average Tex like me....those are not what I want. Recently I found exactly what I wanted for OWB carry of my new gun.....at least at the range and any informal competitions I attend. It is a holster made for the gun and even has the Taurus name, logo and model on the holster. It looks just like a plastic holster from another manufacturer, but nowhere is their name on the holster. I like it for what I want it for. Since this is primarily a range/home defense/light competition gun, it will fill my needs. I really like the fact that it also has a push button release/retention system. The gun fits perfectly and is nice & tight with no movement whatsoever. I found the holster via the web at Glenn Zanders Sporting Goods in Baldwin IL. Here are a few pics.

Last edited by tex45acp; 09-13-09 at 11:04.
    All it takes for evil to occur, is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Glad to hear you found what you're looking for.

What kind of grips are those?
    The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

JHP's are good times, for bad people.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Dude! Can you post a link or more information on the model, etc. Who makes it?

I have had a PT1911AR since they came out, and haven't been able to find a kydex holster to save my life.

Awesome.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLandlord View Post
    Dude! Can you post a link or more information on the model, etc. Who makes it?

I have had a PT1911AR since they came out, and haven't been able to find a kydex holster to save my life.

Awesome.
    TheLandlord,

Here you go. This is where mine was ordered from!!

http://www.rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=60062

tex

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loupav View Post
    Glad to hear you found what you're looking for.

What kind of grips are those?
    Loupav,

I dont know the brand name because I only find them at gunshows...and very rarely. They are never in a package of any kind. Most have Colt medallions in them, these do not. I also have a pair I bought for my Para USA LTC that had the cutouts for the emblems. I took the Para emblems out of the factory grips and put them into the grips I put on that gun & here is what it looks like.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Thank you. I'll just have to keep my eye pealed.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

JHP's are good times, for bad people.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loupav View Post
    Thank you. I'll just have to keep my eye pealed.

These are the closest I have found online:

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_kw=1911...286.m104.l1198