Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CACHES

Feedback Score

sure

sounds like a deal. i am a cheapbastard after all.
    as for the boats.. i'm not so sure they are coming anymore
    Natural selection has not played a role in Humanity for some time now... and its beginning to show...<- Cheap Bastard.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have 5 caches in 5 different places. In each is an SKS and 500 rounds, MREs broken down, surefire batteries, para cord and 100 MPH tape.
    Courage is being scared to death..... and still saddling up.

Feedback Score

Under water

would a burial tube be waterproof enough to sit on a lake bed? 30 feet deep at the most.
    Natural selection has not played a role in Humanity for some time now... and its beginning to show...<- Cheap Bastard.

Feedback Score

Caches-???

I was not reffering to you when I mentioned cowardly acts. I was thinking of those cowards in New Orleans who ran like little bitch's.

I am new to this forum but had to post a reply. It is in response to the above statement by Dirk Williams.

I am one of those cowards who ran before Katrina hit, and I'm glad I did. I live in St.Bernard where the entire area was flooded by between 8 and 20 feet of water. Caches in the would be useless. Besides being under water, there are no landmarks to use. Buildings, houses and street signs are all under water.

If you stayed, had a boat and a weapon, you were treated as a crimanal by the police. Even if you did not have a weapon you were traeted as a criminal. Friends of mine who are in their 60's had guns shoved in their faces, begged to take their small dogs when being rescued and were told" leave the dog behind we are going to shoot them later"

This is not an area where any looting or violence was happening.

Before the levee broke if you were evacuating with your weapons in your vehicle, they were confiscated( stolen) by the police.

Below is a link of a 60 year old woman who tried to stay in her own home.When she told the Police( criminals with badges) that she had food, water and a gun to protect herself, she was tackled by the cops, had her collar bone broken, and was taken off in handcuffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4

The lesson I learned is if you live in a highly populated area,....GET OUT if disaster is coming.Living in a rural area may be safer.

Bring your weapons,hidden in your vehicle. Get to safety with your family and pets. Don't trust anyone!!!!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Interesting topic. A few things come to mind for things to cache and the first being ammunition. I would think a small first aid kit, lighter/matches, duct tape, leatherman type tool, para cord, crescent/adjustable wrench which I don't like normally but condenses your wrenches into one. If you live in a colder climate a warm beanie, gloves & good socks.

I like the storage unit idea but rental fees do add up. Also, what if you can't gain access during an emergency? If a SHTF situation occurs and people are looting/rioting what if they break in and clean out your unit/cache?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

KennyO

Kenny O,

My reference was not directed at you as a civilian. My target group is in fact the police, my brothers and sisters. You know the folks who swore to uphold the law, take care of those who can't care for themselves in times of civil unrest,or disaster. To keep the peace and do what's right, for the right reasons.

Cut and Run, Panic, Robbery of the people we serve. WOW. I guess your right little bitches is mild. There is nothing worse then a dirty cop, well except for a bunch of dirty cops.

I can understand the fear factor, I've had multiple experience's on the job when I was so scared that I didn't know if I could go through the door, cuz I knew that pure ****ing evil was on the other side and one of us wasn't come out. My relationship with god generally manufests itself prior to, and directly after these times. I even make promise's aloud god and I both know I won't keep.

Survival has many face's and many personalities. I'm not judging you or anyone else on this site. Ive said this before I regret sharing my family's plans on this site. That being said, our plans work for us in our specific environment.

If we were in your area, the plan would be different and would reflect the resources in that area. The up side is you now have a leg up on most of us. Your plan was put to practice, you now have the ability to modify and practice what you learned from Katrina#1.

it is certain that Katrina#2 will happen. The question is when and how will you react

KennyO, Good luck to you and your family. Sorry if I offended you I seem to do that alot lately.

Dirk

Feedback Score

Reply to Dirk

I am sorry that I took the prior post wrong. Like you said, I saw things that most people did not. Things did not go right. Innocent citizens were treated as criminals. My friend in his 60's who I referred to was not armed, in fact was only dressed in wet t-shirt and short. He has law enforcement point a gun at his head. He even asked them" are you here to rescue me or kill me?"They responded, I'm not taking any chances.

My point was that the best plans sometimes do not work.

Dirk, I apologize if I insulted you, you seem like a good person. I agree with you abouth the dirty cops. They looted and robbed after they evacuated the citizens. There was even video( by a reporter) of the cops rounding up dogs, puting them in a room and having fun shooting at them. Some of these dogs were 1 and 2 pound yorkies, not dangerous animals.

Hopefully my post may make some rethink their survival plans. None of the plans that I read would have been usefull during Katrina. The best option was to GET OUT

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Posted replies

Kenny O, know worries. People, "including myself" read a response someone shared. At a subconscience level perhaps even a conscience level we try to apply their statement or situation to our objectives and way of doing things.

Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Im not in Lousiana, however I did spend three months there many years ago with a group. I was a young man then and would run many many miles every day down the banks of the Red river.

I'll never forget getting off of the bird, I literally had De Java when I got hit by the high humidity and the lush greeness of the place. I thought I was back in SE Asia.

I quickly hooked up with some of the home boys from the area and learned as much as I could in that short amout of time.

Perhaps the most important lesson learned was that the most dangerous things there wern't in the rivers and swamps, but in the dark alleyways in those towns.

I am sorry that bad things happened to your friends by the very people who swore to protect them. I guess my problem is that after all these years I still care. I still want to get it right for We The People.

Good luck to you and your family.
    Dirk.

Feedback Score
    Dirk,

Yes you are correct, the most danger in this town lurks in the streets of New Orleans. It is sad that it has been taken over by corrupt politicians, drug dealers, and corrupt police officers.

You hit the nail on the head... YOU CARE... Most people have stopped caring a lomg time ago. It all about what can someone do for me... what can I obtain with little work or effort.

Our outgpoing corrupt mayor will be leaving soon and a new ( competent, I hope) police chief will be needed.. Perhaps someone like you would be interested.

Do you miss the humidity and mosquitoes as big as birds???

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123