Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the MP9 worth the extra $$$ over a G19

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Is the MP9 worth the extra $$$ over a G19

I am looking at picking up a 9mm and am trying to decide between an MP9 and a G19. The Glock is $395 and the MP is $519. I know both guns are GTG, but is the MP worth the extra $120 over the Glock? If it is, why is it worth $120 more?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Huh? That's not right.

Is there a LE discount on the Glock? Does the M&P have night sites? What generation Glock and is it new?

M_P

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_pirate View Post
    Huh? That's not right.

Is there a LE discount on the Glock? Does the M&P have night sites? What generation Glock and is it new?

M_P
    Whats not right about it?

Both guns would be brand new. The Glock is LEO pricing and I believe the MP is as well. Yes on the night sites on the MP along with 3 17 round mags.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That price is high on the M&P unless it has night sights or thumb safety. I have seen the base model M&P for $458 and did not include the LEO discount.

Both the Glock and the M&P have their strengths so it's hard to say which one is worth more.

Edit: Posted after OP, if the S&W has night sights then that will add significant cost.
    Last edited by MarshallDodge; 09-16-09 at 10:58.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    Glock. there's not $100 difference in quality.Sig 2022 is a good deal right now at $425
    Ephesians 6:12

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    Whats not right about it?

Both guns would be brand new. The Glock is LEO pricing and I believe the MP is as well. Yes on the night sites on the MP along with 3 17 round mags.
    Unless something has changed, that isnt LEO pricing on the M&P.

For me; the switch from Glock to the M&P doesnt have a price on it. I find the M&P is an infinately better pistol and is a better fit for how I shoot.

ToddG Guest
    Setting aside the weird price skew you reported ...

If that $100 is going to make a difference in your life, then buy the less expensive gun. I don't think anyone can honestly say a G19 is a poor choice. It is truly a ubiquitous pistol among knowledgeable gun owners. While it may not be every man's favorite, few would deny that it works, and works well.

If that $100 isn't going to make a difference in your life, then buy the gun that works best for you. Presumably, you're going to own this gun for a decade or more and shoot thousands of rounds of ammunition through it. That $100, over time, in comparison to the cost of feeding & maintaining the gun, is going to be negligible.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like the Glock does not have night sights, so that's probably the difference. By the time you add night sights to the Glock your looking at the same price, more or less.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nah the money isnt really a big deal, just interested in getting the best gun. I have shot Glocks, but I haven't shot an MP9. I guess I should go shoot one before I make a decision. I am looking at things right now from more of a technical aspect prior to shooting the gun.

I buy from www.gtdist.com

The glock is not the night site model, I think with the night sites it was closer to $475, but I cant remember and they dont have it listed on their website. I guess I should be comparing two similarly equipped guns. Honestly having night sites or not doesnt bother me to much, they can be put on later. This will be a range gun mostly for classes and what not, I dont plan on CCW with this gun. .40 and .45 is a bit to expensive to shoot 1000-1500 rounds at a class, its also harder to find.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have that exact same package for the M&P but I don't get LEO pricing, my total plus sales tax came out to $575. I think your price isn't LEO pricing. Definitely try before you buy. I found I really liked the g19 trigger reset better. I stoned my reset cam on the sear and improved it a lot, but it is still not as good as the Glock. I love the night sights and the extra mag was great but that hasn't stopped me from wanting a G19 as well, I feel equally comfortable with both pistols. I want my G19 with night sights though.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast