Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig AR?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    At least they didn't dress this one from the Tapco catalog.

Options are rarely a bad thing.

I'd like to see who their subs are, and how they fit in the chart.
    Last edited by ST911; 09-17-09 at 08:38.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Maybe its the stock and the Ergo grip, but it looks kinda LMT MRPish to me. I'm still curious to see how its put together.

This was at a recent gun show here, I believe he was asking in the $8-9,000 range, new, unfired, with the original box. Maybe closer to 10K, can't remember exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    Who the hell cares? where is this, that's what I want to know?

Last edited by Rider79; 09-17-09 at 08:53.
    "It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner."

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    What DOES interest me about this is the optic. I'm curious if the mount cowitnesses at all and if not, are the irons still usable.

Trijicon, release the RMR mounts already. Geez.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    "My guess is that they were starting to get some market feed back that SW could sell them M&P handguns and AR rifles in package deals. If that is true, I wonder how Glock will respond?"

Good question. My hopes are; polymer pistol from Austria teamed with a polymer rifle from Austria. Steyr AUG, Baby! Yeah!

Feedback Score
    Well after my less than pleasant experiences with my 2 SIG 556 (thankfully gone now), and my current NIB, recent manufacture .40 S&W P229R (rust on some fire control parts, abnormal wear on barrel), I'm not coming within 5 feet of this.... IMHO, way better choices (Colt, Noveske, LMT, DD, etc.) available if I were to be in the M4 market again.

Thanks,
    Jess

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    Wow. What the hell is going on over at SIG. Just make the SG551 and stop being stupid.
    I hate the shoddy furniture on the 556, but once you put a 551 handguard and a decent stock on it, what is the allure of the original 551 over the 556? The proprietary rock-and-lock mags? The lack of a standard rail? The inability to mount a stock that's LOP adjustable? The extra pound or so of weight? The enormously overrated diopter sights?

I'll concede that the actual cost of a 556 is $400+ higher once you purchase all the accoutrements, but after that it's superior to the 551.
    Last edited by crazymoose; 09-17-09 at 13:21.

Feedback Score
    WOW, how about tuning the sig556 instead.

Put the charging handle on the left side, easier to reach mag release, among other concerns.

Instead, they bring out another AR.

Feedback Score
    Nothing innovative. Fix the 556 and drive on. Stupid.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm sure the Cabela's and Sportsman's Warehouse crowd will absolutely drool.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Who isn't getting into the AR business now? That list seems to get shorter every day. The market is simply saturated now with AR brands. SIG must be gambling that they can leverage their LE pistol sales into LE carbines sales, but that seems a risky bet considering the plethora of ARs that have hit the market over the past three years.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast